No Internet... No Fun....

7 replies [Last post]
CarSong

So, I have been reading in the forums for some work arounds...
I love nano and have an ipad. I have no internet access at home though

. My phone carrier dosn't allow Mobile hotspot. So i have zero internet... Zip...

On top of this, when I go bum our libraries internet (or other free wifi), nanosync hardly ever works, and I can't ask them to restart their router to see if that is the problem.

I am literally stuck right now... Might try and buy a router just to see if I can connect thru that without internet.

I checked out Iexplorer, but couldn't figure out how to find the files I needed.

Is there anything else we no interneters can do?

P.S. is nano2 going to be the same as far as nanosync?

Ahh! I just wish I could browse Ipad folders thru my computer like android phones... grrr

Slam-Cut

Some of the answers can be found on this very interesting thread:
http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11615

NS2 will not use Nanosync but another method (described in the thread just mentioned) that will allow you to access NS2 files using apps like explorer right on your PC. If you havevn’t been keeping up with developments on the forum, the most important thing you must not do is ‘upgrade’ your iPad’s operating system to iOS 11. That will kill NS - it can’t run on iOS 11.

Although I’ve never done it, it seems logical that a network could allow a connection to work for Nanosync even if it weren’t connected to the internet, but I suspect the router won’t get through the set-up process, hanging without the right connection. Do you have a mate that could let you use his network? Would save a lot of bother, and you should be able to access NS2 files directly with a PC, so no router or internet would be necessary with NS2. If I understand NS2’s features correctly that is...

CarSong

Got it. Thanks Slam. I will do some more reading.

And yeah, router didn't work for me. It needed internet to set up lol.

I do have a buddy with internet, but he is a good ways away, and it is annoying to have to travel everytime to upload a song. Maybe I will do some digging on the forums as to why the direct ipad soundcloud upload isn't working. I tried that today at the lirbrary, but it just gets stuck on loading pages.

And that is good news on nano2. It will save me a lot of hassle. :)

Trigger the Monkey

If you're tech-savvy enough you could try setting up an ad-hoc network, with your PC as the router. If you are running Windows 10 you could try this advice from Microsoft: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking-...

It doesn't look easy though, and I haven't tried it myself... And I can't believe your mobile carrier doesn't allow hotspot....! Seriously....

Anyway, good luck. NS1 is still a really solid app...

Slam-Cut

If you are having problems loading to SoundCloud it may be that your song is a .wav file and too big for the network you are trying to use. I imagine your library is offering a small file size for uploading, so MP3 will be much easier. Maybe try WiFi at Starbucks or other cafes. A useful free app is called Speedtest and it’s by a company called Ookla. Speed test will measure the connection speed to the internet and should shed light on why you have trouble on certain networks.

I use Audacity on my PC to convert the .wav files to MP3, and those load to SC much easier due to the smaller file size. I load to SC using my PC, but if you upload to SC from your iPad then you may need to add a few more steps to the process.

TwistedGenetics

Hi

You dont need Internet for nanosync. By yourself a TP link router ( £17 in the uk )

http://uk.tp-link.com/products/details/cat-9_TL-WR802N.html#overview

The little boxes are designed to be WiFi extenders or make their own WiFi so don’t necessarily need to find adsl to set up. Default out the box it’s dhcp meaning you find it in you WiFi list (password in on the back of the router) you should then the be able to use nanosync to transfer,by connecting PC and iPad tp the tp link network.

Regards

CarSong

Thanks, everyone for the tips.
Slam I ended up running into what you said would happen.
I picked up a dollar router from a thrift store, got it home, and wham... wouldnt get thru the setup process... What is that called again? Pavlos Theory of Rationality or something?
"If anything can't go right it won't?"... hmm lol
Anyways, i did what you said next sort of. My boss had a router that was already set up but no longer needed. He let me have it.
I went home and it works perfectly without internet.
So again, thanks everyone for your advices

Slam-Cut

Glad to hear all is working well. We’ll expect some great music out of you now. :-)