Newbie question about buying NS for ipad

8 replies [Last post]
tfmc369

Good day all,
I am a newbie to NS and have been trying to use it on my pc.
I like it a lot and would like to add it to my iPad pro.
However, I noticed that If I buy it now with the extras it would be version 1 or something like that.
The new updated version is due out around Christmas.
If I buy it now, will it be updated for free or will I have to buy it again with the other extras that would come with it?
I don't have a lot of money right now and I would like to go with the best I can get.
So if that means waiting then I will just use it on my Pc for now.
Thank you in advance
The Fishman

kitejan

Hi, the issue is Nanostudio 1 isnt compatible with iOS 11 (its a 32 bit application). So as soon as you upgrade to iOS 11 Nanostudio will stop working on the iPad. Personally I would hold off until Nanostudio 2 is out in (hopefully!) December.

And yes it is a new app - there is no free upgrade from 1 to 2 I'm afraid :-)

dendy

i suggest to hold off until forever .. iOS11 is true crap.. really, worst iOS release ever ..

tom_tm

Is it? Cripes. I thought Apple were trying to push more towards something that worked more like MacOS?

tfmc369

thank you for the replies.'
I don't usually upgrade to a new OS until they get all the bugs out.
I am still on win 7 and haven't got over to mac yet.

syrupcore

Yep, it will be a new app and there's no upgrade pricing (mostly due to the way Apple works). Would be cool if they at least allowed upgrade pricing for customers who bought v1 right before v2 came out! They've been known to do that for their hardware.

For the full version of NS1, it looks like it's about $12 right now (with the 16 tracks IAP). If you're enjoying the desktop version and don't plan to upgrade to iOS 11 soon, maybe it's worth it. 12 bucks for one movie vs 12 bucks for a nice synth/seq/sampler for several months. I have an iPad 3 that will never see iOS 11, primarily so I can keep NS1 around. :)

tfmc369

So,
NS2 is just for IOS 11?
I thought there were new features and Sounds?
I was going for the whole package. 16 tracks and all.
thanx again

dendy

check this thread, there is a lot infos about NS2

http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11615

to your specific question, it will work iOS9+ if i good remember.. unlimited tracks, unlimited everything, just how much you device can handle .. check that thread, your brain will explode :)

Slam-Cut

What dendy said