Nanostudio shout out

3 replies [Last post]
iammane

A lot of you guys probably also read CDM, Ashley Elsdon of Palmsounds fame did an interview with Deerful who was originally turned on to music production via... NS1 :)

http://cdm.link/2017/09/deerful-aka-emma-winston-is-a-singer-songwriter-...

Good stuff

Slam-Cut

Nice find iammane. I occassionally read CDM (but not as much as I used to read Palmsounds), but probably would have overlooked that article. Nice to see a shout out to NS.

iammane

I think the coolest thing is that for a lot of us we can probably relate in some way... Nanostudio was the first iOS / mobile software/DAW whatever that made me say “This is totally possible to do on a mobile device.” I’d years of time spent on traditional desktop software but NS was a total paradigm shift.

Ten years ago I never would have believed this possible, that totally depending on what you write and how you work a tablet or phone could be the centerpiece, the brains of your setup. It’s wild.

Slam-Cut

I agree with that. NS clicked for me after a decade hiatus from music. Previously I had used a workstation sequencer and when I was trying to get back into music I found the modern Desktops DAWs to he too cumbersomely complicated. NS seemed to be the 'just right' combination of features and ease of use to actually get music composed. I think NS2 will be even more so.