NS2 - Progress report and screenshots

227 replies [Last post]
Slam-Cut

Not much escapes the All-Seeing-Eye of Blip. But for him working so hard he'd be joining in on the foolishness.

nano

auction has started :
> I want NS2 so bad right now I'm willing to pay double!

random price generator :
> Pricing hasn't been announced. I guess we'll find out when we find out :)

Stiksi

"I waited years for Clip Studio Paint to make it to the iPad. "

Same boat here, Clip Studio Paint is my main tool for work. Celsys is smoking some heavy stuff considering you can get the desktop version (even EX) for 60€ quite often. 10 € / month is insane for an iOS version, it's what I pay for the desktop versions of Photoshop AND Lightroom and that means I get the iOS versions free.

jwmmakerofmusic

Me, I do have a tough time keeping track of a lot of stuff, but there are subscriptions worth keeping track of. Youtube Red which comes with Google Play Music and Spotify cost the same as buying two music albums per month while having access to all of them and their music videos (and tutorials and Jazza and Nostalgia Critic and political viewpoints from all sides, etc). Dropbox 1TB and iCloud 2TB are the virtual equivalents of renting a storage locker. Adobe Creative Cloud would be worth it if I used Photoshop on PC, which I don’t since I try to veer away from using my PC as much as possible (unless it’s to purchase a track in .wav format off of Beatport and to upload that to Dropbox). If I used a PC, I’d even nab Composer’s Cloud from East-West, because $29.99/month nets the best virtual instruments out there (and buying all outright costs four figures and would take 30+ years to pay as a rent-to-own deal).

Yeah, Celsys must be poking some needles will with strong stuff into their veins. Did you know Medibang recently released a special edition of their Paint app called “Jump Paint”, a Shonen Jump-themed app with manga tutorials, practice “sheets”, and etc. Shonen Jump being THE NUMBER ONE manga series in Japan. Oh yeah, it requires you to sign up, but it’s FREE! That right there is enough of a middle finger to Clip Studio Paint. There’s also Comic Draw, or if you need something more advanced and don’t mind putting in extra work to make panels and such (since it has no subdivide tool), there’s ProCreate (the website of which stresses “no subscriptions, just $9.99 exclusively on the appstore”), and Art Studio (the pro version of which releases soon). You could even squeak by with Adobe Photoshop, Sketchclub, Sketchbook (which charges a subscription for premium features only rather than to enable basic filesaving), etc. Oh, sure none of these have a 3D posing model, but there are apps for that. Sure none of these have the ability to create vector lines that look like natural media, but that’s why there’s Concepts. For animation (which Clip Studio Paint on iOS claims to have), there’s Animation Desk Ultimate (for those of us who don’t want to pay a subscription for their premium features ;) ), and there’s FlipaClip.

Sure, Clip Studio Paint puts everything into a nice, neat software package, and it’s what I used on PC, but I already reestablished my visual arts workflow for the iPad long before the all-in-one Clip Studio Paint iOS was released. $8.99/month just to locally save and store files is an absolutely ridiculous price and is a greedy cash grab for something that doesn’t even have its own cloud storage system.

So yeah, I am glad NS2 will be one-time payments for the app, for the IAPs, etc. I hope I don’t have to wait for an introductory price to buy it full price. I wanna support BlipInteractive afterall.

sirmcp

I have been waiting so long for this I'm starting to compare it to the second coming or a new StoneRoses album. Screw discounts we're in too deep for that. IAPs? Fine. SOLD. Price? I DON'T CARE!!! Curent iOS device won't run it? I'll get a new one!!! We need this Matt! WE NEED THIS NOW!!! It's bad enough I can't run NS1 on my iphone anymore!!! Then I stop by the forum and see screenshots of lovely new devices and hear examples on soundcloud and there's a thread on the AudioBus Forum and...I can't take it any more!!! For the love of God I can't wait another minute much less another month.

I only want two things for Xmas under my tree. The new GrimDawn expansion pack and NS2. Matt this needs to happen or my new years resolution might involve a trip to England.

Slam-Cut

Such sublime anticipation...

Atticus

Great post sirmcp!

passive defence

for me it is also hard to wait but i want it to be good. I do not want a "Chinese democracy" under the Christmas tree. I want real Elves and real Snow! And the NS-Family, singing real Christmas Songs together....

passive defence

but, of course: checking in. Daily. Once or twice....

CarSong

Ahaha.... hahaha! Ha!..... And some of us... (Crazy breathing in background)...

Are just going CRAZY WAITING!!!! AHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA!!!!!! EEEEEEHEHEHEHEHEHEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

rezonati

Check in completed.
Returning in couple of hours :)

Atticus

Check-in for the night completed too!

technokowski

I'm checking in too. Till tomorrow...

Zack

Where.Is.It?
:)

tfmc369

Waiting with baited breath!
When, When, When?

CarSong

Why does every second feel like an hour!? Why does every hour seem as if a day?!?!?!
..... Oh that's right, because we are waiting for a SUPER DUPER AWESOME music program!

=D

cdub85

My guess is blip is scurrying in silence to release before the App Store Christmas cutoff. That or he has decided to torture with silence just for the rush of it.