NS2 - Progress report and screenshots

658 replies [Last post]
UTS_takahashi_y

I can not understand English.
I am reading your comment with incomplete automatic translation. The day we can use NS 2 is approaching.
I appreciate the app to stimulate imagination.

Trigger the Monkey

@UTS_takahashi_y

We are all looking forward to that day. Nice to hear from someone from Tokyo. Don't forget to send us links of what you make with NS2 when it arrives.

:)

Flectron

Greetings Matt (BlipInteractive)! Hello Nanostudio lovers! It has been over 8 years since I have been active on the forum and I am excited for the release of Nanostudio 2! Great work Matt! I am confident that it will be the best DAW on IOS!!! Can't wait!!!

Youtopia

Hey, I want to beta test too!
I'm on ios 12.1 and I own a new iphone xr.
Also, I've released several albums and cassettes with the first NS, anything from shoegaze rock to jazz hop and synthpop.

Any chance?

pixelblip

I can’t wait for NanoStudio 2 to come out! Version 1 has such an intuitive interface.
Hail the king of sequencers!

Slam-Cut

Lots of positive energy for NS2! I can’t wait to use some AUv3 inside NS2. I’m looking forward to new workflow. Should be super fun and hella cool!

Trigger the Monkey

Positive indeed. And workflow is the secret sauce imo. I'm hoping it'll be like getting a new version of an old glove :)

CarSong

Getting closer!!!! :D

anickt

Stagelight is nice but I’m passing on it because NS2 workflow is much better. The excitement builds!

CrayTwoThree

Great news Matt. I’m glad you exist:D been struggling with no so stable and wrongly designed ui of Cubasis and BeatMaker 3 seems to me not well laid down either and that’s exactly the opposite with original nanostudio which I was using since very beginning. So glad to se it’s transition to ver.2 so well done and I’m looking forward to my Christmas holiday, that is, if apple doesn’t screw something up! like Tim is cooking you know:DDD
Have a great day/night everybody

iammane

Talk about a labor of love, I pop in every now and then here just to see how things are coming, mid November submission, coming up real soon then. So exciting. NS was the very first app I purchased when I got my phone. So freakin good.

I've been relegated to using GarageBand mostly since the 32bit appocalypse, which is fine I guess. Gadget's been ok and my only other option I've got is Cubasis which I'm not loving, it feels like desktop software crammed into a mobile device.

Looking forward to this, I hope it does really well and I hope once it's sorted you get to work on fun, income generating stuff like IAPs. All the best mate!
-icsleepers

Major Lee

Great,
I'm sure I'm soon back to composition with that new exciting version.

Blip Interactive

Current news is that it's still looking good for release in the first week of December unless there's an inconveniently timed zombie apocalypse - but don't worry, I've built in a special factory sound which scares zombies should this happen. Can't be too careful.

I'm currently wrestling with the user manual, which is lots of fun. Not. I should be shot of this particular nightmare within a day or two and then I estimate (ha!) a heavy week of tidying up and fixing some remaining niggles prior to submission.

Thanks once again for the offers of beta testing. Ideally I would say yes but I think it's best not to open it up any further right now. All these new people coming in with all their new fangled good ideas could tip me over the edge right now, sorry!

spooky zoo

Great news Matt.

Hope it’s smooth sailing to the finish line for you.

anickt

@blipinteractive - We don't need you to go over the edge at this point. After release maybe...

Slam-Cut

"unless there's an inconveniently timed zombie apocalypse - but don't worry, I've built in a special factory sound which scares zombies should this happen."

Great! I am glad to hear that there are some dope DubStep drops in NS2! Should be fun.

It's also really cool to see more and more of the old forum members sniffing around again. I look forward to all the forum posts. There used to be so many that I couldn't read all of them.

pianoyan

I was about to ask when, precisely, a zombie apocalypse might be referred to as 'conveniently timed', then I checked twitter. Uh-oh.

Slam-Cut

@pianoyan: HAHAHA!! So true.

shimmy

WTFM !

Sharivari

Standing ovation! Sniffing the goal line now Matt! What a fucking effort and achievement! I don’t even worry about arriving zombies...

passive defence

This is so so so cool. I refused to update on iOS 11 because of NanoStudio. Since I accidentally upgraded (the overnight update is just one thoughtless Touch on the screen) I have been living in darkness (well, there is this forum at least). I’m so looking forward for this to be released and I am sure it will be great fun making music with. I have been using NanoStudio on an iPod 4g and got my first iPad just to have bigger knobs and keys. Right now, i am on iPad mini 3 and i wonder if NS2 will be fun on this one. Otherwise I have to convince my wife and get a new one...

gr1m

Matt,
Please don't:

-Shave
-Bathe
-Ride your Bike
-Run with Scissors
-Cross the Street
-Talk to Strangers
-Eat Blowfish
-Use Cutlery, Ladders, or Rollerskates
-Try to Fix the Toaster
-Tug on Superman's Cape
-Mess around with Jim

If you'd like, we can all pitch in to get you a handler who will wrap you in bubble wrap daily for the next couple weeks.

Love,
The Forum

TwistedGenetics

Excited! :)

Stiksi

Ok Blip, we'll get a new Wishlists thread started!

dendy

> Ok Blip, we'll get a new Wishlists thread started!

Trolling level 9000 :-D :-D :-D

sirmcp

I bought a first gen iPad Pro earlier this year just for ns2 but the release has been delayed so it has sat waiting for one app, the only app that matters. I just picked up a locked iPhone 8 for next to nothing (under 30 usd) for the same reason ns2. It’s the only app that justifies using iOS for me. I am beyond excited even though I’m going through major writers block right now. I’m working over time to make sure I have enough money for ns2 when it drops. I don’t know if you are aware of how much your app means to people Matt but ns1 brought a lot of joy to the masses and I’m sure ns2 will continue to do the same.

Slam-Cut

"Ok Blip, we'll get a new Wishlists thread started!"

Don't. Even. Start.
We're finished with Finnish humor.
...until NS2 drops.
:-) :-) :-)

pianoyan

Novel finished. 115,000 words. Cover agreed. Editing, Author’s Note and blurb still to do. Looking good for pre-Christmas. I’m hoping Matt will pip me to the post...

Trigger the Monkey

Well done pianoyan :)

Blip Interactive

> Novel finished. 115,000 words. Cover agreed. Editing, Author’s Note and blurb still to do. Looking good for pre-Christmas. I’m hoping Matt will pip me to the post...

Congratulations and well done! Might be worth arming yourself with a zombie knife when you next see your editor/publisher though. Or if you're in the habit of carrying a big sports bag, a small chainsaw does the work faster.