NS2 - Progress report and screenshots

563 replies [Last post]
Slam-Cut

> Aaahhhahahahahaha!!!!!
I flippin’ knew it was his fault!
LOL!! FLMAO!!

“Or maybe it was your fault somehow. Maybe you were Skyping Matt, and Matt saw something of yours he ought not have seen, thereby landing him in therapy for a year to recover from a lack of eye bleach. :p”

Come on man! You know Matt’s quip was funny. You can laugh at yourself better than that.
We’re just lucky we’ve been waiting on your vacation and not waiting for Matt to go on holiday. That would be a really long wait.

jwmmakerofmusic

"Come on man! You know Matt’s quip was funny."

Of course it was, silly. :P Didn't you read my reply back to him? Regardless, you're the reason he became traumatised and stopped production for a year. See, Matt told me he couldn't remember seeing anything traumatizing, that he simply passed out and came to a week later. The psychologist told me the medics arrived in the nick of time before Matt, in a trance-like state, gouged out his eyes with a spoon. He's proud that Matt recovered within a year rather than five years.

I mean, Matt told you over and over he didn't want to talk on the webcam over Skype. You insisted it would be easier on his fingers what with all that coding he does. I'm sure you were just being a good friend. I'm sure nobody would've suspected that your grandmother would be walking past the webcam naked during the chat.

jwmmakerofmusic

> "Nothing wrong with an iPad Air 2 - that's the newest iPad I have."

And if it runs that smoothly on that device (which is still a super powerful device), imagine how flawless NS2 will be on a 2nd Gen iPad Pro 2 (or even iPhone XS Max once the universal build is out there). :O Sheer power!

Jim Hanks

“What do you call a dog who pulls up to a subway with his speakers blasting loud music?”

A bass hound?

That doesn’t even makes sense.
I dunno, what?
Don’t leave us hanging, man!

anickt

Subwoofer

Trigger the Monkey

Ha. Don't know why I didn't think of subwoofer....

jwmmakerofmusic

> Subwoofer

Oh groan, lol.

Cinebient

I still ask me if it will be possible to save groups (or stacked tracks if you want) as single multi-set-up performance and if we then could easy load these as patch within a project.
I also would like to know if it will be possible to copy these groups with all it´s single instruments and Fx set-ups f.e. and just set it an octave higher or lower for further layering.
I know it´s a little DAW but these things f.e. are so important for me within a DAW and it´s super fast to set up a track without using much space for the GUI as well.

anickt

TBH I didn’t come up with it. I read the setup out loud and my genius son immediately said “subwoofer”. LOL!

nano

.. ayeah , some bugs fixed ... ;)

https://bags.dropmark.com/509134 {java}

CarSong

And the winner is anickt!

Lol it is subwoofer :D

CarSong

Or well... I guess his son :P

anickt

Does he get a prize? :0

Blip Interactive

> I still ask me if it will be possible to save groups

Not in the first version but it's on my list for future, as I'd also like the ability to copy/paste/save an entire "track tree" for use as a template or for import into other projects. The main issues are dealing with 'dangling' sends/returns and shared MIDI clip data. Not impossible by any means, just non trivial.

pummelfee

Don't know when this question appeared last, but after all these years i still want to know when Ns2 will be released? Any plans for this year?

Blip Interactive

Yep, all code work will be wrapped up by November. I need to do a final pass on the content and I'll need to attend to all the boring stuff like the user manual, website and forum update but it'll be out this year.

anickt

You’d better get this right! LOL!!

Blip Interactive

Trying to get it right is the main reason it's taken so long :)

spooky zoo

I’d have bought it ‘wrong’ with a smile! :)

Blip Interactive

Yes but would you then have sent me a mail shortly after WITH CAPS LOCK ON?

spooky zoo

POSSIBLY!

spooky zoo

Jesting aside, I get it.

NS1 never crashed on me.

Not once!

Amazing.

anickt

From what I’ve seen so far and based on what NS1 was I have no doubt it will be “righter” than “right”! :)

Blip Interactive

Let's hope so, it's often difficult to get a perspective from within. I don't think I've ever released anything I've been 100% happy with.

pianoyan

Sounds like the right attitude for a creative bod. I write novels, and that's exactly how I feel. The big difference is, I can't add audio tracks as an IAP.

Blip Interactive

Yes the problem with anything creative is that there's not really a spec to work to. Whatever you do and however much work you put in, it's a natural human trait to feel that a. you could have done it better and b. could have put in more time.

Anyway it sounds like you've got your marketing strategy all wrong. Fill the penultimate chapter with shitloads of loose ends and then sell the last chapter as IAP. Your publisher will go crazy for it :)

... of course, your readers may not see it the same way. It's going to be CAPS LOCK ON time for them.

pianoyan

I suppose sequels are my IAP. I do get the odd one-star review WITH CAPS LOCK ON. With a novel, it's never right, and it's never going to be even close to perfect, but if I want to eat (and get started on the next one), I have to put it out there. So...if you don't mind...just...uh...putting it out there...?
I'm aiming to have my next book out in early-mid December.
Race?

Blip Interactive

One star reviews are there to be ignored. It's the two star ones you need to worry about. They indicate the reviewer has given it some thought and they may actually have a point rather than BEING AN ANGRY CAPS LOCK PERSON.

> Race?

Yeah I'm feeling so confident I'm willing to say hell to loose change and go straight in with a 10p sweep-stake. BAM!

spooky zoo

“ One star reviews are there to be ignored. It's the two star ones you need to worry about. They indicate the reviewer has given it some thought and they may actually have a point rather than BEING AN ANGRY CAPS LOCK PERSON.“

Exactly this!

Always give more credence to 4 & 2 star reviews for the same reason.

They’re less emotional and have obvious thought behind their star values.

pianoyan

10p it is. In unmarked notes.