NS2 - Progress report and screenshots

658 replies [Last post]
gr1m

Ha ha. Apologies. Sep 12th is the date of the Apple event, not the blessed day of revelation. Though it sounds like that day approaches (thanks Matt for the update). I was being sincere that I hope Apple hasn't done any Apple things to set back Matt or N2. Cheers.

Blip Interactive

Yes, new iOS updates are normally good for tech commentators and often bad for devs who just need stability!

CarSong

:)

shimmy

That demo sounds good. cant wait!

Slam-Cut

400 Drum Samples!!!!!
That sounds awesome.
iOS 12 does not sound awesome.
I also hope iOS 12 does not screw up anything for NS2...

Slam-Cut

“a sample editor which can efficiently handle samples of an hour or longer.”

Holy Crap! I almost missed that. Hour-long samples?! That blows away TRG’s 30 seconds.
Over-achiever!

Nu2moro

Sounds amazing! Really looking forward to playing with this new toy!!!!!

Nu2moro

Is it still going to be iPad only on release?

Slam-Cut

If I remember correctly, Matt said that iPad release is the focus, and that iPhone release would be sometime shortly thereafter. Not sure what real world measurement of time that would mean, but I would guess it to take a lot less time to change UI to fit iPhone than to code a whole app. So... my guess is a couple of months...? We'll see, but I am betting that it doesn't take very long.

Nu2moro

It’s primary use for me will be on the phone but if the app will be universal it no doubt will end up on the iPad :-)

Slam-Cut

Yes, Matt did say it definitely will be a universal app. I have to use both iPhone and iPad since there are apps that are only on my iPad.

peanut_gallery

My birthday is this week....I take it's too much to ask for NS2 in the app store as a birthday present. But maybe as a slightly belated birthday present?

anickt

My birthday was the 7th! I’m ready!

spooky zoo

Ha, you're both in good company.

It’s also this thread’s Birthday.

Blip Interactive

The iPad version will come first and then later the app will be made universal (ie. no extra charge).

I already have an iPhone version which works reasonably well in principle, but it needs some love before it's suitable for the (too) many phone screen sizes which are now available.

candymachine

Well guys, i'm not out of the game, well to be exactly i am still directly in the middle, still f-ing around with NanoStudio...
I would like to f around with NanoStudio 2 but it is still missing, i am still giving my best to f the rest of this program with EROTIC LOUNGE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wjloePVw0o
100% made with NanoStudio 1

PS: I still f NanoStudio! So, Master Blip; i f back!

candymachine

Well, i did purchase NanoStudio (Upgrade) but please bring NS2 to El Capitan, i absolutely use NS1 on El Capitan, because of old Plugins, i know it is a Pain in the Aha-Effect but i please do not want to give up my old Quartz 32 Bit Apps... ;-(

jwmmakerofmusic

That works for me mate. Now I've the perfect excuse to nab an iPhone XS Max with 512gb sometime in May of next year. That'll be the perfect production environment when I head out on my Florida vacation next year.

Blip Interactive

> That'll be the perfect production environment when I head out on my Florida vacation next year.

It's always been my main intention to align the launch with your vacation period. The year's delay has been entirely caused by your lack of vacation last year :)

Slam-Cut

Aaahhhahahahahaha!!!!!
I flippin’ knew it was his fault!
LOL!! FLMAO!!

jwmmakerofmusic

> It's always been my main intention to align the launch with your vacation period. The year's delay has been entirely caused by your lack of vacation last year :)

Suuuuuuure mate. It certainly wasn't the other way around, postponing my vacation until I had NS2 in the palm of my hand (beta or release). ;) Don't worry though. What's another year, right?

jwmmakerofmusic

> Aaahhhahahahahaha!!!!!
I flippin’ knew it was his fault!
LOL!! FLMAO!!

Or maybe it was your fault somehow. Maybe you were Skyping Matt, and Matt saw something of yours he ought not have seen, thereby landing him in therapy for a year to recover from a lack of eye bleach. :p

Supalicious

Edit;

dendy

> Who needs a 1hour sample capacity?

I'm very happy to hear that build in editor is prepared for extreme files. It means after audio tracks will be added, it will be ready for editing long recordings which is definitely great. Ability to handle properly extreme situations always speaks a lot about how stable and solid is app coded ...

You didn't read last posts properly ? It's almost done, coding is near finish, remains just content polishing, website, documentation .. definitely this year release (don't think matt wants loose his leg :)))..

please, do not spread negative vibe, try understand here is single developer working on very complex app which are usually developed for years by teams of developers. Even big companies have often problems with deadlines, this is how coding works, more complex project, more hard to fullfill deadlines. And complex DAW is fucking hell a lot of complex project !

And your iPad Air 2 is still "new" for NS2, app will be pretty efficient (in other thread matt wrote how much it can handle on average device, so i guess your Air 2 will handle a pretty lot instances of synths a fxs, you don't need to be afrait that you will need buy new device)

Blip Interactive

Nothing wrong with an iPad Air 2 - that's the newest iPad I have. One of the demo songs has about 22 tracks, 20 instruments, 30 insert FX and it runs at around 25% CPU with a 2.9ms buffer size.

Editing long samples will be essential for audio tracks.

pianoyan

Agh! Matt, every time you post an answer I get excited again. This is pathetic. I'm 50, not 5. I have an iRig keys IO and an ipad pro 10.5 waiting for the day. If NS2 is that efficient on the Air 2, I'm in no danger of running out of cpu. By the time the audio tracks IAP arrives, I hope to be be reasonably competent at using NS2 at my own, fairly basic, level. The screenshots look fantastic. NS1 was the first DAW that ever clicked with me, and I've failed at using DAWs since Steinberg on the Atari 1040 ST. I don't know how you did it, but keep doing it.

nano

.. java apps to download ..

script calculator & gallery

https://bags.dropmark.com/509134 {java}

(any file manager with htm support)

;) .. ? .. la la la

CarSong

While we are waiting for this awesome app.

Here is a joke.

What do you call a dog who pulls up to a subway with his speakers blasting loud music?

dendy

> This is pathetic. I'm 50, not 5.

Mental age is not related to number of years, it's state of mind .. and specially we man, we are NEVER adult really :-D Enjoy you excitement like all of us :-D

Stiksi

"with a 2.9ms buffer size"

Jesus! Can't say that about most (any?) other iOS apps…