NS2 - Progress report and screenshots

563 replies [Last post]
Karmamole

Any update on a possible release date? Not rushing, just asking...

nano

;)

cannot find good app to browse and manage camera roll ..
i mean ipad landscape ..
@
fullscreen caramel background , photo in centre
original size view (do not stretch to fullscreen)
tags , zoom , quick info (size , name , type )
sharing (copy to pasteboard , open in)
search , rename , delete ..
@
hm ;(

Slam-Cut

Photo Manager Pro 5 from Skyjos looks pretty good. Have you tried that?

Stiksi

"having something that recorded the music in your head would be sweet"

I don't know how many recordings of Jinglebells, Oops I did it again, Smoke on the Water, Believe, Baby Got Back and Wheels on the Bus you need but sure! :D

CarSong

Lol hey!.... The "wheels on the bus" coukd be a shocking symphany if done right... Now someone needs to do this...

nano

almost there , but always something wrong :

apps with " do not stretch " viewer (found)

keep everything (ouch)
sticky notes by tewks (hm ;) only " in " (resizer)
fileapp (black hole)
notebooks 8 (brrrr)
files board (pinterest style , no viewer)
folder plus (black hole)
inkpad 2 (painter with gallery)

need nanostudio to get " i do not care " status

Slam-Cut

“but if there was ever a synth to make complete tracks with and from which i could say it was always the secret source of most of my Galaxyexplorer times it was Alchemy.” - Cinebient

I was thinking about this, and while it wouldn’t exactly be the same, I do think that there are some really nice possibilities creating multisampled sample-based presets in Obsidian from Alchemy presets. It may be super hard to achieve the ‘morphing’ between variations of a preset (we won’t know until NS2 launches) but there is some life still for that ‘Alchemy sound’ if one has either an iOS version on a device not on iOS11, or the VST/AU version. This is one of the big tasks that I will have when I finally get to work with Obsidian: re-creating the Alchemy preset banks.

“So you’re utterly incapable of figuring out the “very complex” chord progression to something rubbish like Post Malone’s “Rockstar” innit? ;) You’re gonna pay a subscription fee for that type of service?” - jwmmakerofmusic

On one side of scale: minor fee for Hit Maker service
On the ither side of the scale: income from pop hits
Yes! I’m pretty sure I could swing that sort of deal.
;-)

Stiksi

On the subject of scales, I find it illogical that most major hits are in minor. Some even reference minors, which is most of the time, also morally reprehensible.

tom_tm

It's because over the last 30 years, popular music has been declining slowly into being more and more depressing.

I still want NS2 to have microtonal capability. However I didn't push Matt for it in the end because I just wanted him to get on and finish NS2. I'm nice like that you see.... ;-)

tom_tm

Screw modern pop muzak.... Here's the Commadores before they too went all minor scales on us... Check out Lionel Richie in Arp 2600!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVoMJSMgsUM

tom_tm

*On. :)

Cinebient

MPE and microtuning would be my biggest wish since it´s lacking in the iOS world here.....plus finally great high quality FX.
:D

Slam-Cut

It would only be logical, Mr Stiksi, if all minor hits were in major.

nano

nobody nowhere

tom_tm

'High quality FX'? I really love the existing FX (they're high quality enough for me!). NS1 has a certain lo-fi charm that no other iOS DAW reaches in terms of sonic quality- I see Eden/FX as a kind of 'Waldorf Blofeld'. I even like the existing reverb, even though it sounds like a metal bunker. If the reverb had more control rather than just presets. And those distortion algorithms, those are simply unique and really fun. I hate for those to disappear in NS2. And microtonal really needs to be microtonal, where every single note can be retuned, not just this 12-note octave cop-out which seems popular in DAW's such as Logic, and also in quite a few iOS synths. In fact the only iOS apps I know of that really do handle microtonality correctly are Shoom and Dhalang. Ribbons maybe too- although since getting my mitts on Shoom, I haven't bothered with Ribbons. There are a few more quite esoteric apps which are really cool, but they offer very limited synthesis capabilities- like Wilsonic (which is actually amazing, if you mind only have sinewaves to play with). And maybe Virtual ANS too, but I find the latter too 'chiptune', and I really can't stand anything 'chiptune'! It hurts my ears!

nano

sticky notebooks by tewks ;)

Stiksi

"I really can't stand anything 'chiptune'! It hurts my ears!

You know, when we were little, we thought they were called "zip tunes" because we got similar sounds by opening small zip files in an audio editor and looping them.

I'm finally over 40, so I have an official licence to regale all people with these superbly interesting little stories from back when we rode polar bears to school.

Slam-Cut

Hmm. Polar Bears! HA! When I was Finnish in a past life, we had to ride reindeer to school up hill both ways in the snow. Well of course it was in the snow... It’s Finland. You young wipper snappers had it lucky! Polar Bears! Hrumpf!
BTW, how did you get the polar bears to stop eating your reindeer?

nano

unforget.io .. good online bookmarks ;)

tom_tm

I thought bears were the least your worries in Finland? Or at least and according to Norwegians, it's Elk that pose the main problem- simply because Elk are so stupid. Like for instance getting their heads caught in trees...

This is Sweden.. but it's near enough?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w-eLx9IksQ

whodiniz

SO when is this actually released then, athe anticipation is killing me...

Stiksi

BTW, how did you get the polar bears to stop eating your reindeer?

Oh, you just gotta switch their polarity and you get a polar opposite bear.

kitejan

"it's Elk that pose the main problem"

On a family trip to Canadian Rockies, we arrived at our holiday cottage thing in the woods (by a lake, near a mountain or two) and noticed a big deer like thing just out front - obviously a mother but with a couple of young ones (fawns? Dunno what a young elk is called....). It was wonderful - took photos, got quite close, called my family and watched them disappear into the woods. It was only later when looking at the guide book I found out that these things were actually more dangerous that bears. Or so the book said.

And on the subject - here is the video/music made during that stay (including sections from Patricia Lake where we had the Elk encounter)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7kY0mK5ARQ&t=27s

All Nanostudio on an iPod Touch.

nano

.. i think it is coming ..

Slam-Cut

“Oh, you just gotta switch their polarity and you get a polar opposite bear.”

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
That’s great! Finns are funny! That made my day!
I don’t even want to know where the polarity switch is located...

tom_tm

Nice watery video! Now I just want summer to arrive.

Horngalore

Any ideas when we’ll get this awesom new NS???

Slam-Cut

Nobody knows. Hopefully this spring will be magical.

syrupcore

Nobody knows. Hopefully this spring will be magical musical.

Fixed it.

Slam-Cut

Same thing.