NS2 - Progress report and screenshots

472 replies [Last post]
netsvetaev

It works.
Thank you!

instinctive

And the solution is completely moisture-free too!

Slam-Cut

As in ‘no tears’?
I think I might shed some tears if one of my iDevices was suckedninto the iOS 11 blackhole.
But with a solution to retrieve .nsp files, there would at least be a solution. I have 2 iPhones and 1 iPad on iOS 10, yet I worry that may not be enough one day when those devices die. Transferring projects to NS2 will take up a lot of my time in the near future.

syrupcore

Wow. That is an EXCELLENT find. Let’s get one more verification that it works and then make a new thread and sticky it.

Schattensprung

Will there be Dropbox support in NS2? I find it dearly needed for loading and saving songs and samples.

gr1m

*Schattensprung,
See page 1 of this discussion about 3/4 of the way down. Matt says he gave up on icloud for sharing and went with Dropbox.

lagares

Blip, the app is perfect, we won't notice whatever you are trying to perfect at this point ...
For us, all of it will be brand new !!!

just joking, take your time !!! but really don't go too deep into the perfection lake... it is a bit of a dangerous place !!

take care.... tik tok tik tok :)

CarSong

Lol lagares, i saw your post on the recent post tab, and all it said was, "Blip the app is perfect..."

I instantly got my hopes up and thought nano2 was released and that someone was commenting on it already... But nope.

=P

lagares

jajaa sorry for that CarSong... my intention was to get blip to let go a bit... given how perfect Nanostudio was, I'm sure he is super-perfectionist... honestly and from personal experience, sometimes we try to fix things that are on level 50, while most will only get to level 25 if you understand what I mean....

but even more honestly... I just want to have the app on my iPad !!

Slam-Cut

I'm still curious if NS2 will be MPE compliant. That would be super exciting.

Project Marzipan: Has the development team at Blip Interactive planned NS2 to work on Mac OS? There is an interesting article that seem reasonably sure that Apple will allow iOS apps to run on Macs later in 2018 (or maybe 2019?). An announcement will be anticipated in June. That could be a really big development for NS2. People like Cib could use NS2 on the iPhone and then continue to work on the tracks on a Mac with all of the crazy Pro-level AUs and sample libraries.

rezonati
iammane

I haven't posted anything on here in a bit, but just wanted to say I'm still looking forward to this. I've been using Auxy lately, it's ok. But every time I think about how awesome the workflow was on NS1 all those years ago, plus, like having an actual synth with parameters, it brings back very fond memories of cutting my teeth on iOS production.

Hope all is well Matt, our ears are to the ground :)

Slam-Cut

@iammane: "...all those years ago"? WTF? Aren't you still using NS1? I try a differrent DAW every once in a while, but I always keep using NS1. Even with some of the developments over recent years (NS1 doesn't work with AB or AUv3), NS1 is still the best app for me to get things done. The main things I need out of NS2 is greater ability to use other synths within the NS workflow (MIDI, AUv3, etc) so that I can more easily use other sounds with Eden & Obsidian. Until then I keep using NS1.

Supalicious

Two wishes;
A mailinglist that informs us the min. nano2 drops and a monthly update from -dev- on his wellbeing and the state of nano2...

CarSong

Hi! =D

Blip Interactive

I'm fine thanks, app's going OK too - although some joker appears to be sneakily thickening the treacle I'm wading through towards the end. Provided it doesn't get above neck level then all should be fine. Maybe I should invest in a snorkel to be sure.

OK I think this already crap analogy has been stretched enough ...

Having utterly failed to make the 2017 deadline I was sure I could achieve, I've relaxed (just a little, still working like a bitch) and allowed myself a little more leeway to tidy up various things which, to be honest, feels like it was the right thing to do. Had a few setbacks with iOS 11 (files app integration particularly - grr I'll get you nect time, Apple!) but I think they are all now behind me.

Sequencer's 98% complete, synth is 100% complete, the TRG replacement's currently getting some iterative love and will be finished this week, effects are all working nicely and the factory content (samples and patches) is all finished too. On the flipside, I still need to do a second (fairly cosmetic) pass on the mixer, implement the IAP and work on the sample editor. Plus there's the manual and website overhaul, which are necessary but not my definition of fun.

Anyway at long last it genuinely feels like stuff's getting closed down and all becoming final. I would give an ETA but what's the point? I'm usually a fairly pessimistic git, but for some reason this turns to optimism whenever I come up with project time estimates. Shows optimism's overrated.

I've recently puked out another demo: https://soundcloud.com/blip-interactive/unleash-the-badgers

This one started out because I wanted to do a live play test of the factory drum multisamples. I used an Alesis Performance Pad to play the loops, not the best e-drum but cheaper and smaller than a nice Roland setup! Not happy with the mix though, as usual ...

iammane

Naw, I haven't used NS1 in about two years, maybe more. Worked in GarageBand, Gadget, Cubasis for a bit, now using Auxy but when I think of how awesome NS1's workflow is all this other crap just makes me sad haha. My life is too crazy right now to spend hours in front of a PC/mac based DAW so mobile is my only option.

The thought of being able to load up AUs next to Obsidian (or on top of) is pretty enthralling. I'm hoping by the time I get around to actually getting a new iPad NS2 will be out. We'll see. For now Auxy will do..

iammane

That's all good news though! Honestly, the lot of us can wait I'm sure. Would rather it be as complete as possible and wait a bit then wrestle with something half baked.

I was showing someone an NS1 demo video over at the Auxy forum the other day and he was impressed, bearing in mind this guy uses Live as well so he has experience and the video I showed is LIKE FOUR YEARS OLD, possibly older... You done nailed it Matt, as long as NS2 has the same magic + all the modern features, you've got a winner on your hands.

technokowski

I totally agree on a mailing list; I'm getting burnt out checking this forum several times a day with no official updates. I'm not complaining, as I don't want blip to waste their energy on giving us constant updates, but the suspense is killing me. I want them to focus on the app to make it dynamite (however long that takes), so an email when it drops would be perfect. Even an unofficial mailing list by one of the 'senior' forum members would suffice. Thoughts?

edit: while writing this, I guess blip gave a response. Lol.

Blip Interactive

> edit: while writing this, I guess blip gave a response. Lol.

I was a bus in a former life. They'll be another two like me along shortly.

I was planning on somehow extracting the email addresses from the forum software and sending out a one-off 'NS2's here assuming you haven't died of old age' sort of message. That must be technically possible, surely.

I've just enabled comment email notifications for all registered forum members. I'm assuming it defaults to 'off' but if you go to My Account -> Edit you should be able to change your preferences using the laconically entitled 'Comment follow-up notification settings' option.

technokowski

> I was a bus in a former life. They'll be another two like me along shortly.

And just like a bus, the one I need is delayed!

But seriously, take your sweet time (I think I speak for all of us here). I enabled notifications, but I'm not sure if I'll get responses to every thread I've ever commented on, or just this one. But, I'm sure there will be a lot of chatter when it is released, so that's good.

And I'm sure you can pull those email addresses, and I'm also sure the eula made the user approve of 'emails from the admin' when they signed up, so just do it!

CarSong

I agree, we can wait. Take your time, just finish the sandwich with little bites at a time, and only when you feel hungry. No need to make yourself sick.

Honestly, if it came to the sandwich making you choke and die. I think most of us would rather you throw the sandwich out completely rather than it ruin you and your families life.

Blip Interactive

> ruin you your families life.

Oh that already happened to them when they met me :)

Bewar3them00n

Great news, I was beginning to think it was never going to happen!!!
Good luck with the final tweaks Blip.

Cinebient

I might missed the latest infos on this but is there still the plan to release the iPad version first and iPhone only users (like me) have to wait longer?
Of course i still hope for a macOS version later too (payed of course if you want) since i´m not sure how long i have an iOS device (this iPhone is def. my last one....and it´s already half broken).
I mean i still want mainly Obsidian (and the updated distortion/saturation section). It looks like a simpler and more fun Falcon to me :)

Slam-Cut

@Cinebient: there has been no announced change to the plan of iPad version first and Universal or iPhone version later. I think that is a common practice nowadays with many top quality apps. I think the plan will be to get the iPhone version out ASAP, but I don’t remember an estimate on how much time.

syrupcore

Maybe when it's in the final beta stages you can put it up on the app store and folks can pre-order (presuming the pricing question is sorted). That way people don't need to check—apple will notify as soon as it's ready.

Or set up a simple MailChimp "Sign up to be notified" list on the current site.

tom_tm

'When it's in the final beta stages'....?! 'Beta'? I envisage quite a few ensuing nervous breakdowns! ;-)

cacao

.. hi ;)

Supalicious

Thanks!:)