NS2 - I've uploaded another little demo

59 replies [Last post]
Slam-Cut

Maybe there's a need for an app for that...

TwistedGenetics

Hi Blip

Nice, getting excited now :)

Will Eden still be able to import samples?

Blip Interactive

Yes, it now handles multisamples across the keyboard range and velocity level layering/switching.

TwistedGenetics

Cool that's good news, I use the sample feature a lot in Nano :)

Slam-Cut

YES!!! That is awesome!

Checking that off my personal wish list...

✔️ Multisamples

nano

.. i always imagine balance between two samples ( or sample and wave ) as today - A B .. ( something like to play two edens together , becose i am lazy to use two eden tracks ;) ... ) , and red button ( record to wav , becose i am lazy to open audioshare to record ) , and ftp connect , and " try before trim " , and auto fades (ms) , and pre-delay ( room ) , and autorename ( becose i am lazy , my sounds are @ , @-02 .. and sounds with the same name from different folders are deleted by .nsp ) , and chorus from nanostudio in nanostudio 2 ( 1 : 1 ) , and ( oh my gosh , part 2 ) light ui ... and all that in classic nanostudio " simple - as - guitar - style " ... after 12 " cubase " years i am in love with nanostudio ( 2016 ) .. sorry steinberg .. ;)

tom_tm

*Jaw drops to floor*!!

Not only more sounds, but a glimpse of the UI too?

Stiksi

Just because nobody seems to have noticed in that UI leak… LFO 5, ENV 5! 5 LFOs, 5 ENVs – this is not your everyday garden variety synth (in case someone was still suspecting). Wow.

Slam-Cut

Nice observation Stiksi! I hadn't noticed. I am hoping for much more than an every day "garden variety" (nice reference Stiksi) synth in NS2. Secretly I am hoping for a Garden of Eden, although I'm telling myself that it'll be the same old Eden so that when Eden 2 comes out I will be blown away by the unexpected new features.

syrupcore

Just because nobody seems to have noticed in that UI leak… LFO 5, ENV 5! 5 LFOs, 5 ENVs

Good eye and top 'garden' reference!

Also revealed in the screenshot: Individual LFOs and Envelopes can point at multiple destinations.

Slam-Cut

Looks like that will be in a drop down menu style, which I think might be easier for me than the separate screen on Eden. But maybe I'm just getting to be lazy...?

jbw

Any chance of a full screen shot? I'd love to see what it looks like. Better yet, a video of it in action?

Come on! I want some hype to chew on! :D

acaonweb

When it will be out? i'm waiting for it for years ;)

strizbiz

Soo.... with IOS11 literally just around the corner, after I see what the initial feedback from users, Ill be updating, and and Nanostudio will be dead for me, so Im wondering if there's any ETA for NS3? To be completely honest, Im doing pretty much everything in BM3 and stopped using NS2 as a DAW since its pretty much dead now, but I still like using Eden, in fact, Id really be on board if we could get Eden as a stand alone/audio unit synth.

Stiksi

We're still on NS1, Blip gave away the big updates corresponding to Intua's v.2.0 as a free update. NS2 is expected some time before Christmas I guess.

Btw NS1 works fine on my iPad and iPhone, did something go wrong with your install?

Burg

HAven't been to this blog in years ...Man I am so happy that NS2 is actually happening!!!!!

If you ever need to do a kickstarter or something to finish / help ...just ask man. Happy to help.

- Burg

Blip Interactive

Kickstarter won't be necessary, but that has given me a good kick up the backside (see what I did there) to give a progress report:

http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11615

strizbiz

lol, just realized I referred to NS2 as NS3, getting wayyyyyy ahead there, I meant NS2, anyway, updated to IOS11 this week, sooooo...R.I.P. NS1 :( Well.... I updated my Air2 , I still have an Ipad 2 so Ill just run NS1 on that and use Eden as a synth and record audio to my Air2. But its kinda a bummer not having it on my Air2, IOS11 is running great, actually better than expected. I feel like there should be some kind of memorial for NS1, lol.

Slam-Cut

NS3 will be released when iOS 22 goes 128 bit.
I haven't been keeping up in iOS 11. What's the appeal to upgrade? Are there any benefits for iOS musicians?

Blip Interactive

Emojis based upon your facial expression, or something like that.

Slam-Cut

What the...? That's all I've ever wanted...
(Rushes off to abandon all the useful 32 bit apps to memorialize his face as a 10k file, then stops as he realizes there already is an old man emoji in the existing set. Disappointed again.)

Slam-Cut

Has Blip Interactive decided upon a new strategy for the forum? A new NS2 section perhaps? Or let the threads fall where they may in a hopelessly tangled mess of confused NS1/NS2 crosstalk?

Blip Interactive

Forum categories based upon your facial expression, or something like that.

Slam-Cut

Now I'm definitly getting iOS 11!

Blip Interactive

Yes but bear in mind that in the courageous spirit of progress I will be dropping support for words.

dendy

> Yes but bear in mind that in the courageous spirit of progress I will be dropping support for words.

Hm, looks like you was at some dev workshop in Apple, i have bad feeling about how it can impact (harm) your future developement... like dropping sequencer in NS2.x and so on ..

Slam-Cut

Words won't be needed on face recognition enabled forum. We just make faces to comminucate.
Clearly this gets us closer to total telepathy, which will make iPhones obsolete. Apple will still find a way to charge us a monthly fee for telepathy though.

Feel_low

Slam-Cut <<< IDOL

Slam-Cut

IDOL = Intelligent Data Operating Layer ...?