NS2 - I've uploaded another little demo

47 replies [Last post]
Blip Interactive

Another quick little demo using NanoStudio 2. As usual, all done with synthesis, no samples and only the effects which come with the app.

Unusually, the hi-hat and snare track was made just using the LFOs of a single synth - hold one note down and off it goes! The track took me about an hour to make in total so it's a bit rough around the edges. It uses 5 synth instances in total. Enjoy!

Jim Hanks

I have a hard time picturing unicorns listening to this track, but I still like it. :-D
I hope you'll include it as a demo track with NS2. I'd like to see the programming on the drum tracks and how you got the LFOs to do that. Very clever.

dendy

i can almost see those happy unicorns !!! that sound at behinning - this is it, sound of flying unicorn's horn knocking on clouds !! Very happy dancing creatures !!!

btw. nice tune, like it's progress, good work !

Blip Interactive

The patch uses a looping LFO to retrigger an envelope generator, which in turn controls one of the oscillator levels:

Envelope triggered by LFO

dendy

FIRST UI LEAK !!!!!!!

kitejan

VERY nice indeed. I like the glimpse of the NS2 interface :-)

Nu2moro

Fully grown man getting excited by a little preview screen shot! I'm off to the shop to get a life!! Lol :-)

Blip Interactive

We all know that men never really grow up.

nano

.. oh my gosh , dark UI ..

https://youtube.com/watch?v=PpEM-RWPzYs

Blip Interactive

It has some light parts too ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQQuu5gp5yY

nano

.. my first sketch ... ( unfinished tapes 2003 )

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2GKcCyo89-4

.. ;)

dendy

@matt: Maybe you should do special skin for NAno, where EVERYTHING, background, foreground, control elements - simply everything on screen - will have just white color ...

this is screenshot from this special "nano" skin of nanostudio 2
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5h1n9j50ek6t3z1/nanostudio2.png?dl=0

nano

>> dendy , dobre si to vymyslel , to jak lamborghini na objednavku .. biele nanostudio , len jeden kus .. :D

dendy

it's rude to use native speak on forum where english is (un)official communication language :P :)

Blip Interactive

nano, Je to len nešťastný, pretože Ferrarisovi uprednostňuje :P

dendy

@matt not sure if this makes any sense :-))) what was original in en ?? Looks like fatal google translate fail :-))))

Blip Interactive

Glad to hear it! So we've proved that computers still can't replace human beings. Not in 2017 anyway :)

Blip Interactive

... oh and the original English was blah blah mumble er something or other - you know, how I normally talk.

dendy

:-)))

nano

.. ferrarisovi :D

Slam-Cut

Cool track. Are those Eden 2 presets? The drums are nice but I'm really hoping to play with that fat bass pad - super warm and fuzzy. The reverb sounds sweet.

Blip Interactive

Yes they're all presets which will come with the app - current count is about 250 presets. Planning not to add any more now, just tweak the current set.

Slam-Cut

Yes! That's a nice number of presets too.

djazz
syrupcore

Great track. I really like the gargling bass that perks up at the end of every other measure. Gives the whole track motoring/driving feel. And provides room in the track over all for the bass to grow all massive for the second half.

syrupcore

In light of the LFO trick(s) especially, hope this will be one of the included demo tunes.

Blip Interactive

Yeah I should sort out the mix though. Listening to it today on speakers instead of headphones wasn't pleasant.

Slam-Cut

Hate when that happens...

Blip Interactive

I've never been able to do that bit. I could only get there by constant iterations of headphones, car, downstairs stereo and little bedroom stereo and then do it all again. Still, at least the days of needing to put it on cassette (or burn a CD as the 90's wore on) to try it out in the car are long gone.

Stiksi

I just check if the subs are within reason and if the kick disappears on earphones and after that I hum "let it go" for the rest of the day.

Blip Interactive

At least that implies some sort of method. I'm not sure if I've even got that.