Korg Gadget

9 replies [Last post]
pixelblip

Hi....
What do people think of Korg Gadget.............what would you like to see changed............

I find it's quite like Caustic in some ways esp. in editing.
I like the Abu Dhubai remix/recycle tool a lot......
Even though KG has it's annoyances I used it for the first time the other day and surprisingly got jamming on it quickly and got some good progressive techno out of it.

syrupcore

It's a fun app but I never seem to get beyond a row or two of different patterns. Think I'm too hung up on linear sequencers when trying to create songs (vs jams or loops or whatever)

nano

.. good to use in cold days ( battery warm ) & source of a sound

Slam-Cut

I'm in agreement with syrupcore: fun app but I loose my way with loop-based sequencers. I got a track started in Gadget but couldn't finish it. I decided to wait for NS2, and then I will use Gadget in NS2 sequences. If you can handle the scene/loop based sequencing, then you should have a good time with that app. I think the synths sound very modern EDM/Techno oriented, which isn't my current focus, but there are some really great sounds to be found there.

Stiksi

Excellent for loops, much more powerhungry than NS. I love the automation style where you can move any knob during record and it's recorded until you change it. The modules sound great but are definitely limited in variety. The sequencer needs a lot of work, but it's usable as is. What you get for the initial price is a great selection.

Great on iOS, on the Mac, though, I would save the money for something a little deeper.

dendy

finished track in Gadget (this one: https://soundcloud.com/ray_subject/enchanted-forest) but it was really painfull and complicated process, definitely not much fun.. the sequencer is bad, maybe great for simple loops but definitely not good for more complex long tracks .. classic linear sequencer rules :)

synths in Gadget are great BUT still missing there one more complex monster with advanced modulation posibilities..

nah.. it is not important .. NS2 will for sure make obsolete ALL other iOS DAWs :-))))

nano

to de je senec ? .. :D

pixelblip

That's really good Dendy..........quite subtle and all the right dark psychedelic trance touches......nice throbby bassline and nice stops and start drums at end of bars............also not too overdone - the melodies are dark as well.

dendy

thanks ;)

Jeppan74

I use it a lot! But usually to make a synth loop, then i audio-copy it and paste it in to a trg in NS :)