NS2 - another example track

84 replies [Last post]
nano

.. @

.. exclusive leaks .. youtube.com/watch?v=DT5YcinlRAM

.. ;)

Doucetephemere

Hi Matt, will NanoStudio 2 be able to use nsp files from NS1?
Otherwise I will finish all my projects before the release!

Blip Interactive

I originally had plans to make it backwards compatible, but it was starting to get limiting and I had to make the decision to drop that idea.

The new sample pad instrument will import TRG kits, but the new synth has so many differences that useful conversion isn't really possible.

One route to get an NS1 project into NS2 would be to perform a per-track mixdown and then import as audio tracks. Obviously there will be limitations to this approach - mainly the lack of further MIDI based editing and the extra storage space required for the audio files. On the flip side, maybe this will lead to new creative ideas re-using and chopping old projects (he suggested hopefully).

The bottom line is that it would definitely be worthwhile archiving the projects you care about in the form of nsp files. If all else fails, you could load these up in the desktop version and export mixdown files, since the desktop platforms are much less vulnerable to the imposed obsolescence of the mobile platforms.

Slam-Cut

Great idea! I had kinda forgotten about the desktop version, but using it as a back up security measure makes a lot of sense. I also think exporting files as MIDI files would be great too, especially of you build up rhythm tracks in the "piano-roll" editor (as opposed to using loops). Even synth MIDI tracks will be useful in NS2, either by using a different synth preset or by sampling an NS patch and building a sample-based preset for NS2's synth. Didn't you tell us the name of the new synth? I think you did, but I've forgotten.

Certainly one of the main forum threads is going to be "How to convert NS projects to NS2 projects". Would it be even remotely possible in the future to re-build Eden synth as a stand alone 64 bit synth app that we could buy (Yay for IAPs!) to use as an AU in NS2? Would make converting old files a lot easier.

Doucetephemere

"One route to get an NS1 project into NS2 would be to perform a per-track mixdown and then import as audio tracks."
That's all I need! Tbh, my current workflow is composing in NS and exporting each audio track to Auria. I just get along better with the Fabfilter plugins, especially for eq.
Can you already reveal how the automation in NS2 will be?!

"The bottom line is that it would definitely be worthwhile archiving the projects you care about in the form of nsp files. If all else fails, you could load these up in the desktop version and export mixdown files, since the desktop platforms are much less vulnerable to the imposed obsolescence of the mobile platforms."
The NanoSync export function is certainly the best file transfer possibilities between device and PC. No clue how Apple dares to offer something like iTunes.
I assume NS2 will have this feature too.

technokowski

Little late to the game, but is there anything special needed to join the beta? I've been a NS user since 2011, love it, best DAW for mobile, hands down. I've always read the forums for help, but felt I needed to sign up to ask this. I'm going to be buying a 12" iPad pro just for this app (not really, but it's the definite excuse). Can't wait for the app to drop.

Blip Interactive

NS2 has a NanoSync equivalent.

I don't really have a full beta test game plan but there again I'm not sure if I ever really have a game plan with anything, more a guided stumbling from one thing to the next! I was thinking maybe a team size of around 8 would be a good balance between the number of brains and feedback overload, possibly expanding it a little wider once it's stabilized. I'll keep you informed nearer the time!

kitejan

>.... good balance between the number of brains and feedback overload....

That sounds vaguely sinister and Dr Frankenstein like! I first understood this to be a beta test program where we try the new Nanostudio - but that sounds more like you are going to remove our brains and connect them up to your development environment. Or something.

Can we have our brains back when you have finished?

Blip Interactive

> Can we have our brains back when you have finished?

Yes of course, you'll just need to agree to this:

Terms and conditions apply where the tester makes an offer party’s terms and conditions are more likely to be seen as incorporated, as long as reasonable notice of these terms and conditions may be enough for them to be referred on its to determine the terms and conditions of the contract, and the previous course of dealings for them to be referred to or included in a subsequent document, such as an invoice. However, if the contract has already been concluded when the has been given.A party’s terms and conditions need not be referred to or included in the contract itself; it may be referred to or included in a subsequent document, such as an invoice. However, incorporated, as long as reasonable notice of these terms and conditions has been given.A party’s conditions and the seller accepts on its own conditions, then performance follows without further discussion, the contract will be on the seller’s terms and conditions provided that they have been reasonably drawn to the buyer’s attention.Parties enough for them to be referred on its to determine the terms and conditions of the contract, and the previous course of dealings for them to be may rely on a previous course of dealings terms and conditions need not be referred to or included in the contract itself; it may be enough for them to be referred to or included in a subsequent document, such as if the contract has already been concluded when the terms and conditions need not be extensive, but there must be consistency, such as a consistent supply of the terms and conditions of the party who wished to rely on them.Where an industry standard exists, a party’s terms and conditions are more likely to be seen as an invoice. However, if the contract has already been concluded when the terms and conditions are provided, this is less likely to be sufficient, as the contract is likely to have already been formed.

Stiksi

You had me at "Parties enough for them…".

Woot, parties!

Blip Interactive

> Woot, parties!

Yep, that's the level of understanding and attention to detail I'm looking for, you're in!

Stiksi

Yeah, let me just get my vuvuzuela and cowbell!

dendy

> as long as *reason*able notice

Is this hidden leak of NS2 features ? Should be Propelleheads afraid of competition ?

Slam-Cut

Reading the Terms & Conditions just fried my brains, but if you find it useful you can have 'em for your mad scientist experiments.

Hurrah for NanoSync 2!!

tom_tm

Why should a party come with terms and conditions? I want to get drunk! Not have to discuss the terms and conditions I get drunk to!

Slam-Cut

Uhm... Mr. tom_tm, you must accept the way things are done in the Western World. We absolutely must discuss the pretext for action ad nauseum while never actually doing anything constructive until a random event prompts a knee-jerk reaction. Then we must find creative ways to over-react that haven't been tried, except back in history which none of us remember. What really needs to happen here is that we need to form a study group that will assess the possible outcomes of beta groups that do not have Terms and Conditions based entirely upon speculation and analogies made from unrelated studies in medical science. Possibly we should look up a few legal terms in a dictionary, but the important decision at this point is to decide at which pub and what time will this new political movement meet and what handshake we should use to identify ourselves since obviously we have never met in the real world, which for this project hasn't actually been defined.

Blip Interactive

Surely even with drinking you need rules. eg. when the beer runs out, switch to vodka.

Slam-Cut

The beer can run out...?!

Nu2moro

Lol! :-)

Jeppan74

:D

tom_tm

That's sealed then? In the first session of Alpha-Beta-BBQ-Tango testing, the 'more beer' button must work, the code must be super-optimised thus delivering beer instantaneously to whoever is using the software.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam accumsan, diam in tristique sollicitudin, ante diam molestie metus, eget feugiat tellus mi non neque. Cras finibus accumsan diam, eget egestas ipsum. Nunc orci nisi, fermentum eu nulla eu, sodales porta GIN. Donec accumsan pulvinar lacinia. Nunc sed rhoncus enim. Vivamus tempus nisl vitae suscipit suscipit. Sed vitae magna vel ligula vulputate efficitur. Donec eu ornare quam, eget hendrerit augue. Morbi sed neque ut mi fringilla rhoncus. Nunc vehicula sapien quis sapien eleifend VODKA.

Sed eleifend tortor placerat dolor ultricies luctus. Nunc in enim quam. Praesent purus magna, sagittis non ligula et, placerat molestie ligula. Cras venenatis, lacus mollis posuere ultrices, elit ipsum consequat ex, eget VODKA orci urna eget felis. Nullam vitae eros tortor. Vestibulum hendrerit suscipit orci eget vestibulum. Donec eu magna at neque porttitor cursus. Donec sed risus sollicitudin, ultricies velit eu, VODKA mi. Ad nauseam.....

Nu2moro

Tom_tom has the beer button got stuck to the on position?

Blip Interactive

Yes, at first glance it looks like Latin but it's just how he sounds from midnight onwards.

Nu2moro

I will have a few later and reread it, might make sense then! ;-)

pixelblip

Well that is very efficient.....well done. Some of us still marvel at it on an Ipad 1!

Stiksi

You guys are clearly overthinking things. I'm going to aim for "inebriated", as a term for a drunken condition.

Also, what is with these frat-boy parties nowadays, aren't they supposed to come with multiple greek letters, not just "beta"? Lazy, I say!

lostroom vibe

Hi guys this is a very nice track can't wait just like everyone for nanostudio 2.
I have been an avid fan from day one and only use nano for my music production have been tempted to use beat maker 2/3 but I can't leave my nano's.
The wait has been long but I'm faithful and have told everyone in my music circles to be patient too.
I would love to buy some blipinteractive merchandise tee shirt / hoodies might sound nerdy but hey that's what this app has done to me lol
Keep up the good work Matt and I hope to purchase nanostudio 2 as soon as we have a release date.
Nuff love

lostroom vibe

atlatnessiti

3 weeks to go before nanostudio become absulete and redundant.. :(

nano

@ 3 weeks to get :

- 100 ipads ios10 , 100 iphones ios10 , 100 nanostudios ...
- safe box for 99 x 2 devices ( water-proof , fire-proof , ios11-proof )

Blip Interactive

> 3 weeks to go before nanostudio become absulete and redundant.. :(

Only if you immediately update your device, which is typically unnecessary unless you're desperate for the latest set of bugs and emojis.

But why the sad face? Try thinking of lovely pink unicorns flying majestically among magical rainbows with little sparkly trails coming out of their tails. These unicorns are happy unicorns and they still get stuff done with an iPad mini on iOS 8.