NS2 - a few early example tracks

29 replies [Last post]
Blip Interactive

Hi everyone

I realise that there hasn't been a lot of information about the forthcoming NanoStudio 2. I would love to tell you more about it, but I also want it to be in a certain enough state that I can promise something I can 100% achieve.

Some of you came up with the idea of previewing a few audio examples from the new app, and that seems a great way to demonstrate that that are good things going on, honestly!

So to kick things off here are a few early tracks, made by a friend of mine using just the app's synths and effects (ie. no samples).

Cheers!

Matt

shimmy

I like that rapid stereo ping pong effect thingamajig !!!
The deep frequency on that 2nd track bass is very tasty !!!

Slam-Cut

I don't know her name, but that's one hot sounding synth wearing some sexy effects!

Blip Interactive

Eden has become Obsidian. TRG has become Slate.

I'm going with a rock theme ... it is a type of music after all.

syrupcore

All the thumbs up.

spooky zoo

lluuuvveeerrrlllyy!!!

Excited now that 2017 may actually be the year! :)

Awesome Sounds BTW! Congrats on the progress Blip.

tom_tm

Woah! I think I'll hold on that Elektron drum sampler thingie, and just get an iPad Pro instead!

Slam-Cut

Obsodian and Slate... Nice! I like it.

Stiksi

Jeppan74

Do I hear a hint of side-chaining going on there? :)

l.b

Hey Matt, can I be your friend too and make a demo with no samples... just let me have NS2... cannot wait!

+1 tom_tm -> same thoughts exactly

pixelblip

Happy is like modern day 'Chime!'
I wish we could see a snippet of a synth screenshot! :)

pquenin

There is a vocoder, right ?

lagares

wow !! those strings at the start of the first track sound huuuugeeeee !! Omnisphere like...

why don't you tease us with a screenshot !!!! maybe a corner of one screen, so you don't give out too much :)

Since I tried nanostudio many many years ago,
I haven't found another intuitive app, fun & easy to use like yours,
seriously cannot wait !!

can the music gods pay your rent, meals and other things so you can get full time to finish it up?? please gods !!!

Slam-Cut

I think the bigger worry is that he gets derailed by a mountain bike injury.

Blip Interactive

Last time I came off it was last year on a road bike. Front wheel just slid away on a fairly dry road with a slight inverse camber. Wasn't going very fast so only got bruises and grazes. Although I was OK it shook me up quite a lot due to the random nature of the incident. I brake when going down big hills these days, even if they look clear. Once upon a time I used to regard that as an pointless waste of potential energy.

Slam-Cut

Bicycle experiments in Newton's Laws of Motion and Universal Gravitation prove that wasting potential energy equals a proportionate prevention of injury.

Stiksi

I've found that reducing x levels of smugness while operating a 2-wheeled vehicle also reduces x number of lost teeth. Good stuff.

Blip Interactive

Interesting. So from your equation we can infer that the average adult only has 32 levels of smugness.

Slam-Cut

That figure does seem a bit low.

Stiksi

It's a logarithmic scale.

Slam-Cut

Oh. I always have a hard time playing that scale.

Stiksi

Yeah, many play the fibonacci scale instead, it's a bit easier because it doesn't always change the root note to the last one played. Playing chords in logarithmic is pretty advanced stuff.

tom_tm

LOL! Do any of you nutters do Facebook? I've been toying with the idea of setting up a NS 1&2 FB page- just so you lot can laugh at my ugly face! And I can laugh back. What do you reckon?

Slam-Cut

Nope. Facebook is a black hole that sucks all you time away. If I do Facebook, I'll never do NS.

Stiksi

Fine by me if you want to set it up :)

dendy

NS definitely deserves proper fanpage !! At least it will be good place to announce NS2 release :-)

tom_tm

"If I do Facebook, I'll never do NS."

I found the time to do both. The NS LP that I spoke about yonks ago is finally making it out next month (it has taken bloody years- literally!!). First on very limited edition 7" promo then in September via either vinyl or cassette (probably the latter- cos it's cheaper than vinyl, but you still get a download to the LP). I just can't do Soundcloud and still have time for NS. Maybe that makes us equal? ;-)

Slam-Cut

HA! I've neber thought of it that way, but I suppose SoundCloud can be quite time consuming as well. I've been less active on it recently.

Stiksi

Haha, congrats Tom!