All time best "competition"?

16 replies [Last post]
kitejan

Whilst whiling away the remaining days/weeks/months/years before NS2 arrives I was thinking about all the excellent tracks made by excellent musicians I've heard in the 6 years I've been doing this music making thing. So I was wondering if there would be any mileage in coming up with some categories (e.g. best musician, best pure NS track, best overall track, best remix, whatever) and so long as the music is still on the Internet somewhere (soundcloud, Bandcamp, Youtube, whatever) it can be linked to. Then we can all put our "nominations" in each category forward.

Or something.

Just would be nice to reflect over the history of NS (which in iOS terms is ancient) and the joy its brought us all. And perhaps share some of those hidden gems we didn't know about/forgot about.

Maybe Blip can then put forward his favorite in each category?

Just so long there is more than 4 people taking part :-)

Thoughts?

Slam-Cut

Are there more than 4 people on the forum these days?
Not counting the All-Seeing Eye that is the Blip...

Stiksi

I can pretty much name everyone who has been posting in the last year, but technically yes, more than 4. Don't push it, though, I don't know if we can hit seven.

Harisonzamperla

I'm still here. Actually I was thinking since nanostudio is soon going to be toast :-( I might as well give my sound packs I made away for free while nanostudio still runs. Theres 192 patches and dare I say they're pretty damn sweet.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz1qWDOo81QFN2lrMVZ2TW91MzQ

Slam-Cut

Nice gesture.

Ironically NS2 will probably require iOS11 to run, which will make NS1 not work. It would be great if we could have both apps running for a while, so we can slowly be weened off of our music crack.

TwistedGenetics

Hi kitejan

I'm still here, usually watching in the background, not sure if I count as one of the 4.

Slam-Cut

I vaguely remember Blip admitting that his split personalities account for half of the user base. I don't know if that meant half of the nearly 5,000 registered users, or half of the active users at that time. Clearly as Blip makes progress with his psycologist, some of the users disappear. Galaxyexplorer is a good example of this. He was one of Blip's split personalities that the psycologist got rid of. Once Blip is cured, we might find that none of us are actually posting anymore. I'm gonna be really pissed if I find out I'm really a software designer and I could have made NS2 myself.

shimmy

I don't remember admitting that. (Oops!)

Slam-Cut

Ah ha...! A little regression there. Time for a new therapy session.

dendy

nobody is real, whole world is just a dream of artifical superintelligence created in far future ...

shimmy

You know what is real? Taxes.

TwistedGenetics

Well Dendy you say that.......but there's talk that we could all be living in a matrix and we are computer programs much like an advanced sims!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/earth/story/20160901-we-might-live-in-a-computer-pr...

dendy

yes, i know this theory... actually when you put together discoveries from quantum physic, cosmology and also latest breakthroughts in AI developement, this theory sounds more a more like real option...

TwistedGenetics

Scary but I also agree that it's a genuine theroy

dendy

why scary ? it perfecly explains lot scientific puzzles .. if one day there will be scientific proof for this (there are some concepts proposed how to proof it), everything starts getting more sense ;-)

TwistedGenetics

Scary because I would like to think I'm not a subroutine lol

Youtopia

I'm here, on the shadows too xD

Ps- I probably won't grab NS2 as I use old devices (iPhone 4 * iPad 2),
but I'm curious about how it will be :3