Is it 64 bit?

45 replies [Last post]
pquenin

@Blip : I know you don't love Android, but can you consider making NS1 available on Android when NS2 will be launched on iOS ?

Blip Interactive

Yep, officially weird. Someone should lock you up. Wanting to delve into some else's code, never heard such nonsense.

Blip Interactive

I'd be much more looking to bring NS2 to Android. I think the release order will end up being something like:

- Release for iPad
- Convert to universal app and release for iPhone
- Let the dust settle on new features, bugs etc.
- Convert to Android once the number of changes have settled down

But realistically that last one's going to be at least a year away. I'll have to play it this way - I assume iOS is still the main market and it'll be much more time efficient to port an app once it is no longer undergoing constant change.

I would love to see it on Android because I've spent about 7 years maintaining a cross platform codebase which is often like swimming against the tide and it would nice to see that pay off on something.

NS1 will live on for a year on older devices, on Windows for a decade, and on a virtual box within Windows for a century!

pquenin

Thanks for the reply... I'm patient so it's OK

Slam-Cut

Why only a year on older devices? Has Apple sabotaged the older iOS to self-destruct?

Blip Interactive

You'll have to allow me some poetic licence, there's no fixed time limit. Most of the older devices I've had soldier on for around a year after not getting any updates before it feels like fighting the tide to do simple things like browsing a website reliably.

The grey area for me is if Apple will remove it from the store completely, or still allow purchases/re-downloading on pre-iOS 11 devices. I hope it's the latter - mainly so users can reinstall if they need to restore or wipe their pre-iOS 11 devices for some reason.

Slam-Cut

Granted! ("DING!")
You have poetic licence!
;o)

I'm glad it's just that and not a slip about an uber secret Apple iOS self-destruct plan.

syrupcore

> The grey area for me is if Apple will remove it from the store completely, or still allow purchases/re-downloading on pre-iOS 11 devices. I hope it's the latter - mainly so users can reinstall if they need to restore or wipe their pre-iOS 11 devices for some reason.

Same grey area for me. I've been using iCloud for backup/restore on all of my devices for a few years without a hitch. But I'm definitely going to back up my iPad 3 to a local machine so that I can restore it manually. Presuming iTunes will continue to let me do that, I guess.

nano

.. ftp connect .. ( ftpmate app <-> nanostudio app )

atlatnessiti

Running iOS 11 on my 12.9’ iPad Pro.
Deleted Nanostudio promptly after trying to run it and got the message to contact developer for 64 bit version.
After reading this thread it’s obvious that Developer of Nanostudio doesn’t care much about iOS 11 anymore and is concentrating his efforts on Android instead - good luck in getting revenue from that move

Slam-Cut

After reading your post it is clear that you have not read this thread or other pertinent threads on this forum. If you had, you'd know that Nanostudio is a 32 bit app and can't work in iOS 11 which requires 64 bit apps. Yes after 7 years Apple has changed the rules - not the developer's fault. A new 64 bit app cleverly called Nanostudio 2 will be released soon which will work on iOS 11.

Blip Interactive

It's probably possible to reach such a conclusion by rearranging words found in sentences on this forum. It would require some effort but I appreciate such dedication!

- NanoStudio 2 is planned for release in 2017 and will initially launch for iPad only

- After any essential bug fixes and/or small feature requests are out of the way, the immediate priority with then be to make the app universal so that it also supports iPhone. I hope this will be within the region of a couple of months from initial launch.

- After major changes and other further updates have been released and I feel that the development schedule is sufficiently stable, I will consider Android. I can't see this happening any earlier than a year from the iOS launch.

Slam-Cut

Rearranging words and sentences on this forum could be quite funny.
Claiming the Blip Interactive Development Team has abondoned iOS in favor of Android is not funny. If he developed the bit there could be a humorous take on that. Or at least throw out some unsubstantiated facts like Google bought out Blip and NS2 is now being ported to Android against Matt's will. Or maybe one of his other personalities has arranged a hostle take-over of the company, and that other personality has an Android phone that blows up in his pocket while listening to Country/Dubstep mash-ups created in Caustic.

Stiksi

Oh, hey I remember atlatnessiti. He's the one who always posts after there's been an update with that other app. I see the tone and the message hasn't changed. Welcome back, must be nice to get some sun instead of being cooped up under that bridge.

Slam-Cut

Stiksi: you're heritage is showing. Nice reference. I hope most people get it.
It just struck me funny: in the Viking Age there were many rune stones erected to commemorate a good deed such as building a bridge. Someone always finds a way of ruining a good deed or well-constructed bridge (app/forum today). The more things change, the more the stay the same.