Is it 64 bit?

39 replies [Last post]
pquenin

@Blip : I know you don't love Android, but can you consider making NS1 available on Android when NS2 will be launched on iOS ?

Blip Interactive

Yep, officially weird. Someone should lock you up. Wanting to delve into some else's code, never heard such nonsense.

Blip Interactive

I'd be much more looking to bring NS2 to Android. I think the release order will end up being something like:

- Release for iPad
- Convert to universal app and release for iPhone
- Let the dust settle on new features, bugs etc.
- Convert to Android once the number of changes have settled down

But realistically that last one's going to be at least a year away. I'll have to play it this way - I assume iOS is still the main market and it'll be much more time efficient to port an app once it is no longer undergoing constant change.

I would love to see it on Android because I've spent about 7 years maintaining a cross platform codebase which is often like swimming against the tide and it would nice to see that pay off on something.

NS1 will live on for a year on older devices, on Windows for a decade, and on a virtual box within Windows for a century!

pquenin

Thanks for the reply... I'm patient so it's OK

Slam-Cut

Why only a year on older devices? Has Apple sabotaged the older iOS to self-destruct?

Blip Interactive

You'll have to allow me some poetic licence, there's no fixed time limit. Most of the older devices I've had soldier on for around a year after not getting any updates before it feels like fighting the tide to do simple things like browsing a website reliably.

The grey area for me is if Apple will remove it from the store completely, or still allow purchases/re-downloading on pre-iOS 11 devices. I hope it's the latter - mainly so users can reinstall if they need to restore or wipe their pre-iOS 11 devices for some reason.

Slam-Cut

Granted! ("DING!")
You have poetic licence!
;o)

I'm glad it's just that and not a slip about an uber secret Apple iOS self-destruct plan.

syrupcore

> The grey area for me is if Apple will remove it from the store completely, or still allow purchases/re-downloading on pre-iOS 11 devices. I hope it's the latter - mainly so users can reinstall if they need to restore or wipe their pre-iOS 11 devices for some reason.

Same grey area for me. I've been using iCloud for backup/restore on all of my devices for a few years without a hitch. But I'm definitely going to back up my iPad 3 to a local machine so that I can restore it manually. Presuming iTunes will continue to let me do that, I guess.

nano

.. ftp connect .. ( ftpmate app <-> nanostudio app )