Intua BM 3 announced, thoughts?

7 replies [Last post]
Stiksi

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2017/01/31/intua-announces-beatmaker-3...

Multilayer pads sounds good to me! This time they seem to be quicker out of the gate… but I wonder if they have fixed the stereo delay yet? Based on past experiences with Intua's apps, I'm not getting it until it's 90% off, but I'm sure it'll sell well.

Jim Hanks

A lot of toys in that box. Not sure I want to learn yet another DAW though when I'm still learning Cubasis and NS2 is just around the corner #sarc #wishfulthinking

Slam-Cut

I agree with Jim about not wanting to learn another DAW. I have too many unused apps as it is. Maybe once NS2 provides a useful workflow for getting sounds out of other apps and in to completed projects, then maybe I'd get extra apps if they had some good sounds that I liked.
That's my two pence.
"Out!"
[drops mic and walks off his imaginary stage]

Stiksi

[picks up mic and assesses the extent of the water damage] "Dang, that's cold."

Slam-Cut

HA! Good catch Stiksi! I've never dripped a mic before, nor dropped one. Could be quite a plumbing disaster.

dendy

looks they will be even more close oriented to "akai-mpc-sampling" paradigm than BM1/2 , pads everywhere you look :-) .. + again no build in synth, just sampling, so synthesis will be clearly NS2 big advantage :-)

i'm quite interested if they fix weird LFO>FILTER and ENV>FILTER modulation, where, if active, CUTOFF stops doing anything :-))) I reported this more times and they even didn't admint this is major bug :-))) Also intereseted if they finally learned after those years how stereo delay should be implemeted correctly :-D

also saw somewhere info by some Intua guy that at least first release will be iPad-only, so no phones ..

Harisonzamperla

A fancy sampler and good midi sequencer is Cool but it doesn't really help me much. It's hard to find a solid stable iPhone (not ipad) synth with a good sequencer. Recently got gadget and caustic 3. Theyre both amazing in ways but gadget had a really awkward interface that feels like it was ported and not made for ios. Caustic is rad and has tons of customizing but also the synths seem very old school and not very modern. I'm hoping nanostudio 2 can save my musical life as far as the ios goes.

Slam-Cut

"I'm hoping nanostudio 2 can save my musical life as far as the ios goes."

I think that many of us share that sentiment.