Intua BM 3 announced, thoughts?

5 replies [Last post]
Stiksi

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2017/01/31/intua-announces-beatmaker-3...

Multilayer pads sounds good to me! This time they seem to be quicker out of the gate… but I wonder if they have fixed the stereo delay yet? Based on past experiences with Intua's apps, I'm not getting it until it's 90% off, but I'm sure it'll sell well.

Jim Hanks

A lot of toys in that box. Not sure I want to learn yet another DAW though when I'm still learning Cubasis and NS2 is just around the corner #sarc #wishfulthinking

Slam-Cut

I agree with Jim about not wanting to learn another DAW. I have too many unused apps as it is. Maybe once NS2 provides a useful workflow for getting sounds out of other apps and in to completed projects, then maybe I'd get extra apps if they had some good sounds that I liked.
That's my two pence.
"Out!"
[drops mic and walks off his imaginary stage]

Stiksi

[picks up mic and assesses the extent of the water damage] "Dang, that's cold."

Slam-Cut

HA! Good catch Stiksi! I've never dripped a mic before, nor dropped one. Could be quite a plumbing disaster.

dendy

looks they will be even more close oriented to "akai-mpc-sampling" paradigm than BM1/2 , pads everywhere you look :-) .. + again no build in synth, just sampling, so synthesis will be clearly NS2 big advantage :-)

i'm quite interested if they fix weird LFO>FILTER and ENV>FILTER modulation, where, if active, CUTOFF stops doing anything :-))) I reported this more times and they even didn't admint this is major bug :-))) Also intereseted if they finally learned after those years how stereo delay should be implemeted correctly :-D

also saw somewhere info by some Intua guy that at least first release will be iPad-only, so no phones ..