So is this app no longer being updated?

15 replies [Last post]
strizbiz

Just wondering whats going on with this app? Its a longtime fav but there hasnt been an update in over 2 years???

Slam-Cut

That's correct. Updates just won't do any more. The Blip Interactive Development Team is hard at work re-building the app from scratch: an all new Nanostudio 2.0.

Phorgvn

WERD !!!!

Dogman

Hello nano fam!

I'm producing music with nanostudio for 6 years now. I'm a total fan of this app, but more and more I'm losing confidence NS2 will be released. Hope so, ...but year in year out release dates pass and nothing happens. I'm checking this forum a couple of times a year, searching for statements about the release of NS2. Nothing, just wishes. I really want to stick working with nano, but I find it worrying that the blip-company/Matt, doesn't provide solid information about the status/timeline of NS2. NS1 is not being updated anymore and now the trouble starts with nanosync. Tonight my pc did some software updates and now I get the message "this app is not being supported anymore". Can't get mixdowns from the ipad to the pc.... I'd really like some honest information, even if the release will take 3 more years, I'd like to know. This mail is not intended as mean or mad, just a cry of despair out of complete love for nanostudio. Big up!

Slam-Cut

Don't dispair Dogman! Keep the faith!
NS1 can't be updated because it is a 32 bit app and Apple now requires all apps to be 64 bit.
It took Matt 3 years to develop NanoStudio the first time. NS was last updated at the end of Aug 2014. That's about 2 years and 5 months, so he's on par with his previous development time even though he's adding in a whole crap load of new features.
Matt recently said that NS2 will be released in 2017.

I don't have any problems with Nanosync on Windows 10. I transfered dozens of files this morning. However I'm not a computer wiz and can't trouble shoot your situation. You may want to try other programs for PC such as iFunBox or Syncios. Let us know if you find a solution.

Stiksi

And if you're desperate and Nanosync just won't do it, you can copy stems individually through Audioshare (iOS app) and from there to the computer. It's a lot of work but if you're in a pinch, it can be a saving grace.

Dogman

Thank you both, Slam-Cut & Stiksi! I will try anything to keep working with nanostudio. The music I create is mostly sample based, so the TRG for me is the main fundament in effectively trying sounds and selecting + flipping samples. And that all in combination with the superb sequence program and eden synth ;-) Just hope I will find workarounds and 2017 will not pass without the long awaited ns2. The past 4 years the release has been announced more than once. But hell yeah, I will keep the faith bro's!... when Matt says 17, it will be 17 ;-)

Thanks for feedback

TwistedGenetics

I just want unlimited Eden tracks and I'll be happy lol :)

Slam-Cut

Turns out, that's all Matt's doing. He couldn't be bothered with the rest of the Wish List. :o)

Blip Interactive

Unlimited? Yeah I just deleted a number and I've been sitting here for the last year or two waiting for a technological breakthrough in terms of infinite RAM. I mean, what do Intel, ARM and the like think they're playing at? Constant tea breaks it would seem.

But to answer your request - NS2 generally won't have limits on things like the number of tracks, instruments, number of effects in chains, number of patches etc., or those limits will be so high as not to be a problem.

Slam-Cut

Hurrah!!!! Unlimited tracks! You go Matt! Stick it to Intel and Arm. They can't limit your genius with their technological limitations! Screw them.

Right. Anyway, fantastic news on the more realistic concept of "unlimited" tracks, FX, instruments, patches/presets! NS2's features are sounding fantastic thus far, and today's news really whets my appetite for NS2.

TwistedGenetics

Coooooooool :)

Slam-Cut

Just curious Matt about the limit/unlimited plans for patches/presets per bank, i.e. the Project bank. Does NS2 break free from the 64 limit?

rezonative

That is cool!
But in terms of resampling possibilities of NanoStudio, 16 tracks is enough :)

Blip Interactive

NS2's banks will work differently from NS1 and won't have a size limit. You will be able to search by name and attribute tags.

Slam-Cut

Awesome! Thanks Matt! :o)