The future of nanostudio

36 replies [Last post]
Harisonzamperla

What has everyone been up to? I went on a three month road trip around the US in a van. Mostly out west. Bought a dc/ac inverter so I could set up a prosonus itwo, guitar, midi keyboard and small PA for making music in the back of my van. Surprisingly small power consumption. Under 120w for the whole deal. Other than that we got some political tensions here and the economy is kinda shitty. I'm in michigan now and it's snowing and cold as hell. I did also finish this album. First release ever. Doesnt have a ton of nanostudio in it. Here and there like the sax in the first song, it mostly guitar thru tonestack into multitrack DAW. Anyways if ya bored

http://harisonzamperla.bandcamp.com/album/depressed-in-the-midwest

Jim Hanks

Congrats on the album release. It ain't as easy as it looks. :-)

Slam-Cut

Nicely done Harison. You've got a nice sound. Are you doing anything in particular to promote the album?

Nice understatment Jim.

Stiksi

That Intro, though, it was so going into DJ Snake territory before it turned around quite spectacularly!

This is a great album, congratulations on finishing it! "All my friends are masochists" ha, I know that feeling.

Harisonzamperla

thanks!

@jim hanks seriously tho. My line of thinking was "I make songs all the time, I'll just write some in a similar vein and throw them together -how hard can it be?".....4 months later, losing it a little bit and I had to finally just let it be done. I kept fiddling with the eq and compression and realized I just needed to let it be.

@slam-cut I promoted it locally and thru fb. Not sure how to go about sharing it with a larger audience tho. I suck at promoting. Any suggestions?

@stiksi That intro is actually just the tape delay pedal (echorex delay) in tonestack in a feedback loop with itself. It makes blurb noises and if you move the delay time slider it starts getting really weird.

MDMAMGMT

To answer your question Slam-Cut, I'm not sure if Jailbreaking will help you install apps that are removed from the app-store. But backing up your apps to iTunes will. I'm still using the Track 8 app as my music player (was a clone of the Zune interface) and that was removed from the app store ages ago