Sending Wav samples to my Ipod touch HELP ?

22 replies [Last post]
Lardy

I have established a connection in Nanosync and my Ipod touch but when i try to add wav samples into nanosync it just looks for a folder to open ? Am i being a bit dim and loosing the plot or is there something im not doing correctly ? I create a new folder and name it and try to put the samples into it but ...........boooo !
This is a great bit of software and im really looking forward to mashing my own samples with the groovy Eden sound banks!
If anyone can shine some light it would save me pulling my hair out (n theres not much up there!)
Help someone ???
Many thanks
Lardy.

Blip Interactive

Once you've connected, you should be able to do this:

- Browse to where you want to put your samples (I'd recommend "/Samples" or maybe "/Projects/")
- Optonally, create a new folder and then enter that folder

Next, you've got two choices:

- Click 'Send to Device', browse to where your samples are, select them and click 'Open'

OR (probably easier)

- Drag and drop your samples onto NanoSync

Note: NanoSync doesn't let you drag whole folders at the moment, only wav and aif files.

Let me know if you need more help.

Lardy

Sorted !
Many thanks !

zomB

Hello,
I am having the same problem. I open up nanosync and then click on the file that I want to upload. I click "Send to Device" and Windows Explorer opens up wanting me to choose a file. I click on my iPod and it does not let me choose any files because there are none there (this could be because it has it shown as a digital camera). Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Blip Interactive

After you click on 'Send to Device', it's asking you to choose the files on your computer you want sent to the phone.

When you click on 'Get from Device', it's asking you to choose the folder on your computer that you wish to copy the files to.

Is the drag/drop working for you? It's a lot easier than using the buttons if it does.

kirkwoodvet

same shit happening here how the fuck do you add samples and people talking about this is better than beatmaker only thing better about it is the keyboard beatmaker is a hell of alot easier to upload samples to without asking for help this shit sucks bout to try and get my money back from this boogie ass shit if i dont figure it out by the end of the day

kirkwoodvet

this shit really sucks and is getting me very frustraited need help why doesnt anybody post a video on youtube that ill make everything much easier instead of posting videos of people making wack ass beats make some damn tutorials videos

syrupcore

it's funny the difference in disposition of your average Nanostudio member and those obviously fresh from Beatmaker forums.

Kirk, maybe instead of just being pissed and making empty threats you can post what steps you're taking and where it's not working. Someone will help you out. Welcome to a much nicer place.

Simple version:
1. On your phone, go to Nanostudio>Manage>NanoSync and tap 'Enable'.
2. On your computer, load up NanoSync and click 'Connect'.
3. In NanoSync, click to the folder you want your samples to end up in.
4. From explorer (or finder if you're on a mac) drag your samples onto NanoSync.
5. Drink beer.

If that doesn't work, let us know which step didn't work.

Blip Interactive

Sorry to hear you've got issues. Yep, try running down syrupcore's list and let us know which step it's falling down on.

formal

Yep as said above. Just follow those steps and you should be good to go. It's basically as easy as draggin and dropping. Don't even bother with the "get from" or "send to" buttons. Drag n drop my friend :) No need for any tutorials.

gjtom

My problem is very similar. I can mange to put the wav file into Nanosync, but when I press Send to Device, I am being asked to open a file on my computer. If I find and choose the wav file I'm trying to add, it simply replaces the file I have in nanosync with this file and I'm still no further forward.

I have Nanostudio on my phone, do I need to put nanosync on my phone?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Blip Interactive

Sounds like it's worked for you. All you need to do is drag the file onto NanoSync. If you can then see that file in NanoSync, it's on your phone - NanoSync lists the file view of your phone, not your computer.

'Send to device' and 'Get from Device' are just a backup, in the rare case where drag and drop doesn't work.

ldishong

Hello,
I'm trying to upload some drum loops I purchased on iTunes onto my iPhone using Nano Sync. I'm hoping to use these drum tracks in Nano Studio. I've been following the steps, but am unable to retrieve these tracks in Nano Studio. This is what I've done:

1. Click Nano Sync Server, click manage
2. Click enable
3. Click on Nano Sync on my desktop, then click on connect
4. Entered IP address manually, then clicked OK
5. Now a window opens in Nano Sync with folders, name/date/type modified. I highlighted and dragged 4 drum loops from iTunes to this window. Now the loops appear in the window, along with TRG banks, Samples and Projects. There's also a spot from www.blipinteractive (cheers!) I clicked "Send to Device". Now how do I retrieve these files in Nano Studio? Or is it impossible to retrieve these kinds of files in Nano Studio? Please advise.

Thank you!
Laura Dishong

Blip Interactive

Hi Laura

You only need to use the 'Send to device' button if your computer isn't working with drag and drop for some reason. In your case, it sounds like drag and drop's working fine and NanoSync has already uploaded your samples. NanoSync's window shows you the files on your phone (rather than the files on your computer) so if you can see them in there then the upload has done its stuff.

NanoStudio can only handle loading samples if they're .wav or .aif. Are your samples in this format?

Canadian-eh

I too am having trouble with the uploads to my iPhone. I chose 4 .wav files, that I have on my computer, to load into a file under Projects......everything went smoothly but when I opened the file in NanoStudio, on the iPhone, no files were displayed..(when uploading NanoSync was seen to be copying the files to NanoStudio)........Did I miss something?? Do i have to change something with my .wav files?...I am using a PC running XP.
Thanks

Blip Interactive

It could be that NanoStudio only shows you the files whose extensions are relevant to the operation you're currently performing. For example, if you do Project/Load, it'll only show you project files with extensions .prj or .nsp.

Can you see the files if you load them using the TRG instrument?

eg:

- Tap the Edit button
- Tap the pad you wish to edit
- Tap the Load button

Canadian-eh

Yes...I can load them and see them using TRG but now I have to reduce their size...seems they're limited to 8mb's each

Blip Interactive

Yes currently there's a per-sample 8MB. Somewhere further down the line I want to implement streaming from flash memory so this restriction can be removed.

luckybabyboy

In order to import WAV to iTunes to successfully play WAV on iPhone/iPod/iPad/iTunes, we had better convert WAV to iTunes as well as iPhone/iPod/iPad more compatible audio format like Apple Lossless, AIFF, AAC or MP3.
The following will provide a step by step guide on how to do that at http://www.bigasoft.com/articles/how-to-import-wav-to-play-in-itunes-iph...

stewdog8

ok this nanosync thing is sooo anoying. first i have no idea how to get samples on pc nanostudio and how do u get nanosync on the pc studio. its just a saperate thing on my desktop. when i open nanosync the samples pop up and the connection is perfect but how does the stuff get on the iphone??? it keeps saying files can only be dropped from nanosync into an explorer window. if u have just installed nanosync u will need to restart your computer to enable the explorer file drop function(already did and nothing changed) ok what the heck does this mean and what the hell is an explorer window??? when i disconect nothing new is on my iphone. (and i would really want to know how to get the samples and nanosync on pc version of nanostudio.)

l.b

Stewdog8, you don't need Nanosync if you are only using the desktop NS last time I checked (you can explore the file system freely)...
An explorer window is the window you use to explore the file system on your desktop.
You need to install Nanosync if you want to upload samples to your iPhone. Once done and once you've mastered the art of connecting your iPhone to the same network as your desktop, you can move the sample files from your desktop onto your iPhone via Nanosync. Just start Nanosync and connect to your phone, then drag the files from your explorer window and drop them in the Nanosync window.

stewdog8

I still don't know how to get samples I got from the website onto desktop nanostudio. It won't let me drag them in when I press explorer

Blip Interactive

From a NanoStudio file dialogue (eg. the one you get when you want to load a sample or project), click the 'Explorer' button. An Explorer window will open. Drag your files into this window.

The thing you may be missing is that NanoStudio doesn't spot changes to the folder contents when you drag files into it like this. You can force it to refresh its view by going up a folder level and then back down again.