issues recording into nanostuio through audiobus on iPhone 6s

4 replies [Last post]
richD

Hey all,

I usually use my iPad with audiobus/nanostudio.

I recently forgot my iPad 3 at home and started using my iPhone but encountered an issue:

DM1 > Gliderverb > Nanostudio

DM1 > Gliderverb = sound works fine. As soon as I add nanostudio to the chain I lose all audio.

When I tried to recreate the issue on my iPad 3 everything works fine. both systems are running 9.3.2 (13F69). My phone is a 64gb & the iPad is a 32gb.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Slam-Cut

Are you sure both systems are on 9.3.2?
I thought it would be that iOS 9 disabled Audiobus > NS. The last Inheard, iOS 9 doesn't allow AB and NS to play together very well. Unless there has been a fix that I am unaware of... Certainly not one from Blip. Maybe a recent AB update has fixed the issue? Hmm, I doubt it. I'll have to run some tests.
I keep my iPad on iOS 8 so that Audiobus will work with NS.

richD

Yep, everything is the same (as I explained in the first post) with the exception of the iPhone 6s and the ipad3. I'm finding workarounds, copying audio into audio copy then pasting it into NS, bit of a pain in the ass when I'm traveling but when I get in I transfer the files to the iPad via nanosync.

If there was a way to upload images I'd be happy to show my settings...

Slam-Cut

If NS and iOS are the same, then I would check to see if AB is the same. It's been a while, so I may not remember this exactly right, but iOS 9 broke the ability of NS to record from AB in most situations. I didn't have the problem, just heard about it, and so avoided updating to iOS 9.
It's weird that one of your systems seems to still allow NS and AB to play together, and the only thing I can think of is that one of your iOS devices has an older version of AB that was not affected by iOS 9. Or a newer version that has a work-around that allows the two apps to play together? I would check the versions of AB and also experiment with recording directly from DM1 > NS, just to see if it has something to do with the FX.

On the other hand, Audio Copy is supposed to be a great app for organizing sound. I have it, and never use it, but it is on my list of apps to get into and try to use more so that I don't have to try to track down samples that are hidden away in project files. So I think using Audio Copy might be really wise in the long run

syrupcore

Do you have background audio turned on in NS?