Playing a Sample...

4 replies [Last post]
fretless33

Hey folks, it's me again :)

I'm not sure if it's an "issue," or something I haven't figured out yet. When load a sample into the Eden Synth I have to hold the key to play the entire sample and I can't figure out which section controls the key release? The only section that seems to affect the key release for new samples is the AMP envelope section, but it's adding an envelope effect to the sample and I don't want that...sometime I just want the clean sample. What am I missing here? I'm sure it's something simple I have just overlooked.

Thanks again guys and I hope you're having a great new year so far!

Cpu Red

There is a page on the eden synth with knobs in the lower right hand corner labled either a s d r or attack decay sustain release. As i recall you will have to adjust the envelope or env knob to get those knobs to modulate the adsr. Probably all the way to the right. Im not on my ipad atm so i cant tell you exactly. To not have the envelope i believe turn the env knob all the way to the left or at center.

Stiksi

Turning the Amp Envelope off will just put out silence. If you want a toggle – press a key once and the sample plays to the end, it isn't possible in the Eden, but it's the default behaviour in the TRG. If you want a clean, unmodulated sample in the Eden, set the Amp Env like this: Attack 0, Sustain 100%, Release 0. Then the sample will play as long as you press a key and stop immediately when you release.

fretless33

Thanks Stiksi! That's unfortunate that you can't play the raw sample, but it's something that can be sorted out (with TRG or otherwise)! In reply to the settings you suggested, I just have to adjust the AMP envelope so you can barely hear it; however, the sustain relates to how long the sample plays when you hold the key and the release relates to how long the sample plays after you release the key. Thanks for the help! :)

Stiksi

No, Sustain is the level which the sound holds when you continue to press the key. You can see this in the graph when you have a visual representation of an ADSR filter.

Attack: How quickly the sound peaks at maximum
Decay: How quickly the sound lowers in volume to Sustain level
Sustain: The plateau level – how loud the sound is when held after Attack and Decay have done their part. This is a perfectly stationary level.
Release: How quickly the sound lowers in volume to 0 after the key is released.

If you set the parameters like I explained, you will get the unaltered sample for as long as you hold the key down. If you're still hearing an effect, something else is affecting it.