Cannot transfer files PC/Iphone-Ipad

6 replies [Last post]
Urizen

Hi there.

My problem is that Itunes doesn't recognize Nanostudio as an APP capable of transferring files (both versions, Iphone or Ipad), so I can't import samples from my PC. The problem persists in other File Managers programs I've downloaded to avoid Itunes, like Ifunbox or Syncios.

Please I request your help.

Thank you for reading.

Slam-Cut

Welcome to the forum Urizen!
What iPhone/iPad are you using and what iOS?
When you used iFunbox, what folder in Nanostudio did you try to put samples in?
Did you try transfering files with Nanosync?
Have you read the manual?
I'm just trying to narrow down the potential issues.

Urizen

Hello, Slam-Cut.

"What iPhone/iPad are you using and what iOS?"

Iphone 6, and Ipad2, both in their last IOS versions avalaible.

"When you used iFunbox, what folder in Nanostudio did you try to put samples in?"

Well...the main problem is that I can't see any folder using IFunbox (or Itunes, neither), Nanostudio shows its icon, but it's impossible to "get inside" and upload any sample to the program.

"Did you try transfering files with Nanosync?"

No...because I think its for managing projects between PC and mobile devices. My issue now involves adding or taking samples.

"Have you read the manual?"

Of course I did, and I've searched in this forum for similar problems with no results :(

Thanks for your time.

Urizen

Reading again the manual, I'll try Nanosync to solve that problems. I thought this program was used only for moving projects, but it may be the solution.

Sorry for wasting your time, Slam-Cut.

Thanks.

Slam-Cut

No problem! I waste time on this forum on a regular basis as a form of procrastination. A lot of people on this forum have helped me so I am glad to occassionally be able to help someone else.

You will want to be bery careful about where you put samples. If you are creating sample-based Eden synth presets for banks A-G, then it is best that you create a folder and name it something like Preset Samples. Put all samples for Eden presets in there, and that way when you copy presets around, the sample won't get lost. If the preset looses it's connection to the sample then there will be no sound. When you save a song as .nsp file, first copy every preset you are using in the song to the P bank so that the preset will always work. Trust me that you don't want the headache created when you don't do this. Samples for TRG banks would be treated similarly but under the TRG file structure. Project specific samples (that you won't need to use on a regular basis) like vocals can be loaded into the specific Project folder.

fretless33

Just to clarify Slam-Cut, what do you mean by "when you copy presets around?" I just started loading in my personal samples and putting them in a folder named "samples." I also have some sub folders inside the "samples" folder...is this not a good idea, before I get too far into loading samples?

Slam-Cut

Preset have a file path that connects them to the sample they use. This isn't an issue with synth presets, since they are just synth parameters. So you need to hVe a good habit of keeping all of you samples in one place, like a folder named 'Samples'. The problem is when you create a sample preset for a project, for example, and load a sample into the Project folder. If you decide to copy that preset onto one of the banks A-G then the preset will always look to the original Project file for the sample. If you later decided to move that project file or delete it then the preset will not be able to access the sample. You have to be diligent about copying not only the preset but also the sample it is based on to a common root folder. It works easiest to put all the samples into the common Sample folder first, then copy presets to the Project folder.
Hope that helps.