Sample file size limit 32mb????

12 replies [Last post]
PEAZY

IS there any way to up the file size from 32mb to say 70?? any remixing goes out the window with this small file size.
any help?????

kitejan

I would say no, not really. Its a limitation of the current version of NS. Bear in mind NS wasn't designed to do this sort of thing - even though we all load large samples onto the TRG pads......

We are all waiting (and waiting and waiting) for the rumored second coming of Nanostudio (aka Nanostudio 2) which will allow (apparently) audio tracks and all the fun things that will do.

In the meantime for remixing another app would be more appropriate - Auria, Cuasis, at a push Multitrack DAW, etc.

Stiksi

Nanostudio 2 is expected in about a year. Before that there's going to be a very elaborate wavetable physical modeling virtual digital simulation fart app. It's free to play, but includes In-App Purchases, four types of currency and a timer.

(Sorry, Blip, I blew your cover :P)

Blip Interactive

@PEAZY - Unfortunately NanoStudio's more of a sampler than an audio track player, so it keeps the samples in RAM and there's a good reason for the size limit. As others have mentioned, I am working on a new app to solve this as well as a good many other limitations.

Blip Interactive

> In-App Purchases, four types of currency and a timer.

Brilliant, although you forgot that it will also have endless updates with a big splash screen which will look like this:

"WE'RE MAKING SOME CHANGES

Because we care about you, the customer, we've decided to make some changes as part of our commitment to continual improvement. You have no choice in the matter, it suits us more than you, and there's a high chance that we've screwed up something you were perfectly happy with before and would have preferred we had left well alone. Please read and confirm your agreement to the following 136 pages of terms and conditions if you want to carry on using the software you paid for. The forward facing selfie camera will be used to check that your eyes have alighted on every single word for at least 2 seconds and there's a 80% likelihood it'll crash on page 135. Love, noreply@blipcustomerservice.com"

ElectricWombat

@blipcustomerservice: Ha ha that's epic ...I love it! ;)

Stiksi

@Blip: Yep, that's pretty much spot on :D

dendy

@blip: uhm.. you started working for microsoft ? because it sounds ooo "windows10-ish" :-)))

Blip Interactive

I just copied it from anything I receive from my bank, insurance company, telephone or broadband supplier. I'm pretty sure these guys are all working from the same text book:

Tell them we care.
Tell them we're making some changes.
Tell them what the new system is.
Make up some crap about why this is better for them.
Be careful not to tell them what the old system was (that'll give the game away that things just got worse!)
IMPORTANT : Ensure we're uncontactable.

Have you tried Windows 10 yet? I'm probably going to hold off for now. Finding working drivers for my favourite 10 year old wireless keyboard on Windows 8 wasn't that easy!

dendy

> Have you tried Windows 10 yet?

no omg windows apage satanas :) for 5 years (after 15 years windows misery) i'm satisfied OSX user :-))

just enjoying the discusion over internet forums about heavy surveillance system implemented into W10 core (keyloggers, camera / audio sniffers, etc..) and laughing a bit, this is not OS anymore, it's just terminal for gathering every possible information about end users :-) and even when you think you turned it OFF in setings, it still sends data to M$ servers

Blip Interactive

Ah well if you're on OS X then you won't have to worry about keeping your favourite 10 year old hardware working because you have to replace everything every year :)

dendy

:-)))))

actually still using my 5 years old macbook and hope at least next 5 yers it will work, because, to be honest, really don't have much enthusiasm to spend my 2 months earnings for new overpriced apple HW :-D

ElectricWombat

@Dendy/Blip: This thread is sensational - hysterically laughing my ass off... What an awesome start to the weekend (screw the rain) - kudos all round that's hilarious! :0)