MIDI Mapping

2 replies [Last post]
Frosty

I've created a Nanostudio song using Eden for each of the 3 synth tracks. I'd like to use my Korg Nanokontrol to modulate the filter cutoff of one of the Eden synths as the track plays. It's the 3rd Eden down in the Song window.

When I go to 'Manage > Mappings' Eden is shown only once. I can assign my Nanokontrol to modulate it, but it's actually affecting the 1st Eden, and I can't figure out how to access the mappings if there are multiple instances of Eden running.

Is this possible? Thank you!

kitejan

I've just been doing this sort of experimenting!

By default midi "Omni" mode is enabled - which in effect whichever Eden track is open receives the MIDI data from the controller. To setup specific Midi channels you need to turn off Omni mode in NS against your controller then ensure that the midi channel for each Eden track is responding to the Midi config of the controller.

To turn off Omni - Midi/Inputs - touch the "OMNI" button to right of your controller in the listing. Underneath are the channels NS can listen on - so if you dont want Nanostudio to listen to Midi channel 1 (because you are sending that Midi data to another synth for example) its here you turn it off.
To change the midi track of Eden (or TRG) - Bring up track view (the top left button) then press and hold the Track (Eden 1 / Eden 2 /. etc) - this brings up the Instrument type (None/Eden/TRG) but more importantly the MIDI input channel. By default the first Eden track is Midi "2" - something I fell for when first looking at this :-)

Good luck.....

Frosty

Thanks KJ - it worked!