"The project file could not be opened."
I suddenly have a few projects that when I try to open them, I get this message, and I can't open them. These are projects I work on frequently and it just started having this problem one day. Is there any way I can fix the files or something to recover the projects?
Hmm, I'm sorry to say that this usually means you're not going to be able to recover the project. It sounds like you've been very unlucky though because it also makes a backup when it saves and tries to recover from this if the main file fails for some reason. If you wish you can zip up the affected project folder(s) (the folders will have a .prj extension) and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and I can try taking a look. You don't need to include any samples if you want to keep the file size down.
Thank you for your quick response. I just sent those files to you. Hopefully it's something simple!
I just got the same issue today out of blue and... thankfully I restored the file from backup location* and it worked. I have no idea why this happened, but I noticed that my Project.prj file inside .prj directory was missing. Project.prj file seems to have html-like structure (or xml-like) which is a configuration file in human readable form.
And what a coincidence - the file has been modified last time on March 15th, the same period this topic seems to be started. Sorry I don't have any meaningful explanation why and how this happened. And, as Murphy would like, of course it was the most important version of the song that got corrupted.
*Thankfully my backup (which I sync every day with main NS dir) worked.