Crashing on mixdown

10 replies [Last post]
Estragon

Hi there everyone

Everytime I try to mixdown in Nanostudio on iPad the iPad crashes no matter what settings i use.

Any ideas?

syrupcore

Same song or any song? Have you tried doing a full reboot of your iPad?

Estragon

Hi syrupcore, thanks for your reply.

It happens on all songs and yes I've tried resetting the ipad.

I'm running the same version on my iPhone no problem just seems to be an issue on the ipad unfortunately.

Any further ideas appreciated!

syrupcore

Do you have enough room on your iPad? You want at least a couple of gigs free for normal operation. Less than that and 'weird shit happens' (TM).

Are your phone and iPad on the same OS version?

Stiksi

Also try making a mixdown of a small section of the track by setting the loop points to say 2 measures and selecting "Song Loop" in the mixdown dialogue.

Blip Interactive

If you've tried a full reboot, the most likely explanation as others have said) is that it doesn't have enough flash storage available for the mixdown file. It would be worth checking how much space it has left, and also deleting any files you currently have in the mixdown output folder (you may have a lot of half-finished files if it's crashing during the mixdown process).

The mixdown appends to the file as it renders (rather than making a big file up front) so I'd expect it to die some way into the mixdown process rather than immediately if space is an issue.

That said, even if it's out of space, NanoStudio is designed to give you a warning message and clean up the half finished file rather than crash.

Estragon

Hi

Thank you all for your replies.

The track I'm trying to mixdown has 3 parts and is only 4 bars long.

I've reset the ipad. I have just under 2gb of space available and its still not working sadly :(

Blip - for your info - when I hit mixdown Nanostudio just shuts down exactly as if I'd hit the home button.

Anything else I can do?

Estragon

Ok scratch that!

It is working if output is final mix but it crashes if output is mixer channels or song parts.

Am I not setting a loop region or something?

syrupcore

that's bizarro. No real ideas but in case it reveals something to some one else... Are all of the other settings on that screen the same between those two? Like copy to clipboard, song length/loop region...? Do you have a world of crazy going on within the parts? What OS version?

tom_tm

If all else fails, back up your iPad to iTunes and do a restore iPad. For some reason when updating to the latest OS, sometimes iOS stores loads of junk in the internal storage. A restore usually fixes most problems.

Blip Interactive

OK that's starting to sound more like a bug. If it is, it's probably going to be due to some a little more 'unusual' otherwise it'd have probably been found before. Do you have any patch changes going on in the sequence?

Feel free to send a small .nsp to contact@blipinterative.co.uk (along with the mixdown settings you're using) and I can try it out here.