REVERSE REVERB? HOW????

3 replies [Last post]
spook1138

Hello all. I would like to do some experimenting with reverse reverb on some new material I am working on but am sort of struggling with the easiest way to accomplish this in Nanostudio.

I'm guessing it has something to do with recording the reverb event 'wet only' and then 'inverting' the wav file....

ANY help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers H

tom_tm

Yes, that exactly how you do it. :)

You use the 'mixdown' function, choose "song loop", remove the cycle function if necessary, output set as you wish and save as a wav.

reimport the sample from the TRG-16 or Eden, from the mixdown folder. Then you can edit the sample. But you have to reverse it by function, not as an edit.

I hope that makes sense?

spook1138

Thanks Sounds like a plan.... Going to set aside sometime the weekend to experiment...

syrupcore

I think in order to get a 100% wet reverb signal you'll need to bounce all mixer channels and grab the send wav to edit. Sorry, not in front of the app right now so I can't verify. You may also be able to send to reverb and mute or seriously reduce the volume of the channel by piling on EQs or Compressors and reducing the volume. That is, I can't remember off the top of my head if the sends are pre or post insert effects.