Ns2 support for ns1 .nsp files?

48 replies [Last post]
dendy

Pulsar or Quasar - good name for synth/sampler .. also (Super)nova is good bud sadly such synth is already here :-)

Black Hole - distortion (because it distrorts spacetime;-))

Milky Way(or generally galaxy) - delay (milky way has multiple tails like multiple echoes )

syrupcore

High five for the name Ada. I love it. My ex didn't. Does your other offspring's name fit? Can't just do one I suppose.

Maybe not just planets but celestial, generally? Milky Way is good! Passive EQ: Big Dipper, natch. With celestial you can also use planets, gods and astronomers.

Compressor or delay: purgatory!

dendy

Maybe stay with greek gods is good idea.. there is 'Chronos' in NS1, so why not take into play antoher greek gods:

Synth/Sampler: Zeus
Compressor: Hercules (or Hefaistos)
Delay: Medusa
Distortion: Hefaistos (or Hercules)
Flanger: Hades
Phaser / Chorus: Cerberus
EQ/Filter: no idea :-)
Reverb: maybe Chaos (the god of empty void).. or "Void" is good name for reverb :)

Blip Interactive

Zeus has definitely been done :)

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/zeus_6_by_rnl_music

syrupcore
syrupcore
Slam-Cut

Uh... no. If it has to be mythological names, please consider real manly men mythology: NORSE!

Oðin
Thor (yeah, I know, I got it, but they can't own the name, and it should be spelled: Þor)
Tyr
Frey
And place names:
Valhöll
Asgarð
Miðgarð
And who really doesn't love:
Jötunn
Alfar
Dvergar

OK I'll stop now. ;o)

PS That was a great article Stiksi

QbAnYtO

How about Athena
Or Odysseus or:

Poseidon
Espíritu (spirit in Spanish)
Hermes
Lazarus :p
Evermore

Or just EpiQ ?

Darko

My vote goes to Stiksi's Earth suggestion, but dendy's one is also good (but maybe too 'geeky' for some)

Nano particles or something along 'nano' would be my suggestion, given THE app's name. Nano-Carbon, Nano-Structure, Nano-Tube, and why not: Nano-Key, Nano-Lead // as in metal :) // and so on ...

Regards :)

Vingdoloras

Biological terms might also be interesting... I thought that maybe Virus names would sound fancy, but nobody would want to make music on a "Malaria Synth".

Darko

You can bet on that fact.

I mean, given that many people die from virus infections each year and what currently is happening in Africa, it just isn't funny. May seem like a "perfect marketing opportunity", but not really moral or ethical.

On a lighter note, how about fish & plant Latin names? There are interesting ones. Also, I always liked the names of the star constellations.

Slam-Cut

Yeah, constellation names might be good.

All of these suggestions does make me speculate on just what Blip has planned. Maybe something like Gadget with multiple synths and effects racks that pop up regularly in the Store tab. That would be quite nice.

Vingdoloras

Other, less deadly parts of biology might still have some cool sounding names. Fish (or other animals) are not a bad idea!

syrupcore

Agreed and it might go along well with 'nano' studio.

Burg

Why not just use the branding you've already established? (Nanosynth, NanoSampler, Nanobeat ..etc.)

Too boring?

I'm a fan of simplicity (Color themes, Shape themes, Mood themes ..etc.)

Frankly you could call it sh*&box and i wouldn't care much ... the sound is what counts.

Looking forward to the big day!

- Burg

Blip Interactive

Most have been used

http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/nanosynth.php
http://www.iu.edu/~emusic/503/nanosampler.htm

sh*&box is actually pretty good (with the star and ampersand).

tom_tm

"sh*&box" would be a great name for a really dirty-sounding synth/drum machine!

Or even FX?

Slam-Cut

Does it matter if the name has been used before? Is it a legal concern or a marketing one? I assume you will retain the Nanostudio name, so I doubt anyone would think a synth inside NS was intended to be an emulation of a rare 1/2 rack sound module. If you hope to dodge legal challenges, do what bands do and just change a letter to get something like NanoSinth. Or NanoSaampler. NaanoSampler? NanoSamplur.
Just curious, really.