Drum mapping in exported midi file ?

3 replies [Last post]
uncle808us

First let me say, I actually do search for the answers before I post. I am new to NS [Nano Studio] so as I learn my questions will taper off.
Now on to my question.
I have an app on my iPod that will import .mid files that are exported from NS.
Everything imports very nicely except the drum track.(not mapped correctly)
The problem is the app [Reflow] does not have the ability to transpose the percussion track. This is a problem because NS does not export the drums mapped correctly.
How can I get NS to export the Drum Track to the GM drum mapping?
It would be nice to set this up somehow in NS so that midi files that include drums would be exported correctly.
Thanks

syrupcore

There's no automatic way that I know of. You can do it manually though by creating an Eden track, copying your drum track to it and then manually moving the midi notes to the correct notes for your GM set. Then, export and mute/delete the TRG track in the receiving app.

uncle808us

Will that still be exported to Ch.10 Percussion?

syrupcore

You'd have to put it there manually. I think you can make it on a spare eden track and then move it up to a TRG track on channel 10 and it will be exported properly. It wont work for the TRG so you can remove it afterwards and replace it with the original. Sorry, I'm just thinking out loud here—I've never needed to do this.