Matt: iCloud Drive for nano2?

10 replies [Last post]
QbAnYtO

although i love the current file manager you have (with live auditioning and etc etc) i was just wondering if you will implement iCloud drive to nano2 (if your even working on it cuz i've been out of the loop :p) i make my music on my iPad attached to my synthstation 49 and usually email my self my music file as an NSP file (which i love! too bad beatmaker2 doesn't have this) to continue music making on my iPhone on the go when i leave my house. but it would be easier to just upload to the cloud like GARAGEBAND IOS and just download it when i need it on my other devices.

Also i asked you on twitter but got no reply, hows nano2 coming along? thanks :)

QbAnYtO

Bump

Blip Interactive

Sorry, I'm terrible at checking Twitter/Facebook - both are productivity assassins!

Yes either iCloud or Dropbox. When iCloud came out I found it fairly impenetrable from a developer's perspective, although I think it's moved on. Dropbox appeals more to me from a cross platform point of view.

dendy

dropbox is better than icloud in one important thing - project can be accessed also from other platform than OSX/iOS ..

iammane

iCloud drive is cross platform also.. Can be accessed on mac/pc too..

syrupcore

Yeah, iCloud drive is different than what's been called iCloud. iCloud was(is?) supposed to be fairy dust; iCloud Drive is to be an actual Dropbox competitor.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/555304/20140611/apple-icloud-drive-dropbo...

dendy

aah okay, then forget what i said :-)

Blip Interactive

Dendy, you're still partly right - if Android ever materialises as a viable music platform.

Good to see from that article it wasn't just me going WTF over iCloud 'not Drive'. I couldn't even get what it was meant to do from a user's perspective, let alone how to make it work :)

Stiksi

Considering Apple's pedigree of cloud services, go with Dropbox. iCloud Drive will just be replaced in two years with a completely rebooted service that's "definitely, absolutely, maybe possibly going to actually work reliably".

Or it will periodically lose support for 2-3 year-old Apple systems while mysteriously maintaining support for a decade of Windows versions. Everything Apple does is designed to drive their gadget sales, either directly or indirectly.

dendy

Yes, i agree with Stiksi.. i'm almost 5 years satisfied Apple user (macbook, iphone, ipad, appletv :-)) i like apple stuff.. but .. when i should choose between iCloud and Dropbox i simply always choose Dropbox :-)

syrupcore

Agreed, I'll stick with Dropbox. Except for when the phone does it for me seamlessly and for free/next to free (like photos and random app data).