Recent comments

• NanoSync   8 years 13 weeks ago

Grrr damn installers. Do you know if you're logged in as an admin?

• Possible problem with OS 3.1.3?   8 years 13 weeks ago

Thanks for the info.

Can anyone confirm if it runs on and iPod Touch 3G/64GB with 3.1.3?

• Does nanostudio work with OS 3.13?   8 years 13 weeks ago

I've had one person report that it's fine for them on an iPhone 3GS running 3.1.3, so the problem's not as simple as 'all 3.1.3's don't work'. This is good for me but I appreciate it doesn't help you at all.

Until I get some crash reports in (which may/may not help), I'm running out of things to suggest. The only possible thing I can think of is to delete it from your iTunes, purchase and download it again (don't worry, you won't be charged again) and go through the whole procedure a second time, which I appreciate is a pain for you.

• Rotary Knobs (Specifically Pan) Setting to 0   8 years 13 weeks ago

Oh cool sounds good.. yeah I understand not wanting to clutter up the mixer...
    thanks a bunch for the tip... Great music app.. I love it... five stars from me ! -John-

• Hip hip hip....... !   8 years 13 weeks ago

Yeah, I just bought it and I have to say, this is the most fluent user interface control,
    that I've used for a long time.
    If this thing would get more powerful it could be the reason buying an iPad...

• Possible problem with OS 3.1.3?   8 years 13 weeks ago

iPhone 3GS 32GB with 3.1.3 - running fine.
    Jailbreak: Yes (spirit)
    Unlocked: No
    Sim Lock: Yes

• nanostudio windows cannot connect to wifi with my ipodtouch but nano sync its ok with my ipodtouch.   8 years 13 weeks ago

Really sorry to hear this. I'll try to find out if this is a problem specific to 3.1.3.

Can anyone else confirm that it runs for them on OS 3.1.3?

ok.. running OS 3.1.3 and tried fully rebooting the phone after the install... but It immediately crashes right back to Home screen

• Is Tiger supported?   8 years 13 weeks ago

I was going to do the discount for a week but may extend it a little longer, just seeing how things go really.

Will definitely try to look at 10.4 because I agree it's a pain!

• nanostudio windows cannot connect to wifi with my ipodtouch but nano sync its ok with my ipodtouch.   8 years 13 weeks ago

Do you mean controlling the iPhone from the computer, or controlling the computer from the iPhone?

Do you have an example app in mind? If so I'll take a look.

I would give you an answer in French, mais mon français est très mauvais!

There was a dedicated control, but I took it out to make the mixer cleaner (I found I didn't really use it).

You can hook up an XY controller or the control knob to Osc/Pan via the patchbay and do it that way. Then you can record it in the sequencer too.

In some applications, it is often possible to control an application installed as a "remote". This is unfortunate for the owners of the iPhone application, do not have the opportunity to control an application on the computer. This could bring you more customers.

in french.
    Dans certaines applications, il est souvent possible de commander une application installée comme un « remote ». Ceci est dommage que pour les possesseurs de l'application iPhone, n'ai pas la possibilité de commander une application sur l'ordinateur. Ceci pourrait vous apporter d'autres clients.

Oh no, I'm really sorry to hear you've got problems. It's been tested on iPod Touch 2G/3G, iPhone 3G/3GS/4 and iPad on OS versions 3.1.2, 3.2 and 4.0.

Can you tell me what OS you are running please? Have you definitely tried fully rebooting the phone after the install?

Is your phone jailbroken?

There's not much more I can do until I get any crash reports from iTunes, and it's reporting that there are none available at the moment.

• synth as sampler   8 years 13 weeks ago

I want to do proper loop point editing in the wave editor at some point.

In the meantime, the closest you can get is to map an XY controller to the sample loop start/length using the patchbay. Check out patch A07 for an example of how to do this - 2 LFOs and XY pad 2 are used control the loop points. XY pad 1 controls the LFO amounts.

• synth as sampler   8 years 13 weeks ago

Congrats Blip, great app! It is possible to implement loop points for sample?

Is there any Panning for the 4 Synths ? Can't find it..

I also have an Ipod TOUCH 3G/64gb and I can confirm that it does NOT work!

It immediately crashes right back to Home screen upon every single launch. Please look into this. Please advise.

Thank You

• Tutorials Coming?   8 years 13 weeks ago

eatbeat posted this link before, it's less of a tutorial but you get an idea of what some controls are for and how a workflow may look like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmOoSrICOHA

• Wishlists   8 years 13 weeks ago

Awesome App! Thanks, been looking for something like this for a long time!

Can we have a compressor please? Maybe something we could put on the drum bus?

Thanks and congratulations on a killer app.

Ross

• Tutorials Coming?   8 years 13 weeks ago

Yes I've been putting off doing some video tutorials because I know that they're going to take some time, but I really should put a week aside very soon for this purpose. I should probably do it before starting on the first update.

• I want to congratulate Blip for a fantastic product!   8 years 13 weeks ago

In just the half an hour I was able to use it last night, I could tell this app destroys SynthStation and with it's resampling i can use Edens to make a lot of drum sounds I was making in Bleep!box and then AudioCopy/Pasting into Beatmaker. I think with Beatmaker2 Intua could pull ahead in sheer drum machine/MPC awesomeness department, but TRG is very on par with the current BM and definitely all I need in a drum machine 99% of the time. SynthStation's drum machine is pretty weak; it seems everyone else is out-Akai'ing Akai here lol. Being able to synth up some sounds with the Edens and the resample them to pads is amazing. The Eden synths are just so much easier to work with than the ones in SynthStation and have a lot more sound options available to them.

NanoStudio is the closest to my vision of how a mobile music app should be currently. Griff back on windows Mobile was actually closer, since you could actually buy plugins, etc, but NanoStudio is pretty much the best that the iDevice has to offer in mobile music making right now, imo. Xewton is pretty close, too, but all it's instruments are sample-based as far as I know.

• Sync projects back and forth   8 years 13 weeks ago

What a great idea :)

• ** nanostudio songs **   8 years 13 weeks ago

;) tnx for my no1 app ;)

• Finally! A possible worthy heir to Bhajis   8 years 13 weeks ago

You have nowt to worry about. Although Bhajis Loops was good, NanoStudio is great. Bhajis never had the brilliant multitouch screen technology that Apple has brought to us. It was crippled by the fact that it was very difficult to change any kind of time signature as well (you could bodge it- but not very well). The FX in BL were very good though- worth having a look at, especially as you can pick up a Palm now for next to nothing. BL also had horrible note input, making it very difficult to play, other that being a robot with expert memory skills (I've got a terrible short term memory, and Bhajis really used to frustrate me!). Of course there is still room for lots of improvement in NanoStudio- there always is, but what you have so far, is absolutely mind blowing. The developers deserve a really big pint of beer on me! Cheers!