Recent comments

• Response so far   8 years 16 weeks ago

I've acquired my tapping skills at work so I've had loads of practice, drive people mad in the office!

I used a Sony TG3 (http://www.sony.co.uk/product/cam-high-definition-on-memory-stick/hdr-tg3e)
    Its a great little camera that does 1080i, although for the YouTube vid clip I used standard def.

• NanoSync   8 years 16 weeks ago

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Solved it using this method in the end.

No worries, and thanks.

• Question abouth new Soundbanks   8 years 16 weeks ago

With review to the comments above.
    Transfer between banks would be good and I'd buy new sound banks for 59p (UK) if I could pick the best and put them into Bank B for personal and using bank A for loading new bank sounds.

• Clean up - delete overlapping notes?   8 years 16 weeks ago

Thanks Kris, I was aware of that but I was just wondering if there was a quick way of doing it via a clean dialogue or similar. I had recorded some drums live and somehow I got a bunch of overlapping hi hat parts. They sound fine, just made editing and moving the notes tedious when so many were overlapping.

• ** nanostudio songs **   8 years 16 weeks ago

Oops, I missed this thread when I first posted my new song:

http://tarekith.com/mp3s/Tarekith-Slat.mp3

This track was done entirely entirely on an iPhone 4 using NanoStudio. No additional post-processing aside from normalization was done once the file was exported from NanoStudio. This is by far the best music app for the iOS platform I've used yet, fun and powerful at the same time. Huge respect Matt, you're making musicians everywhere extremely happy with all your hard work. Much thanks!

• Wishlists   8 years 16 weeks ago

Another one from me:
    I use the app on the subway a lot where it really shines... In those surroundings it would be great to be able to lock parts meaning that they can't be erased without confirmation or recorded over... I found after recording on the run that one part (for the same sound but earlier in the song) had disappeared... bummer... I had already saved numerous times before I realized that it was gone...

D.

select the note you want to modify. on the right will appear up/down buttons to shift the pitch. beneath it will appear two buttons, too. The left button moves the whole note around (start position) while the right button adjusts it's length. You can highlight multiple notes.

Two of the same notes that overlap? For example C4 overlaps another C4 slightly?
    Or two different notes that overlap, like a C4 that extends beyond the starting point of an Eb4?

Not sure I've ever seen the first case from anything recorded in real-time, but if you drag one note event to overlap another in the Part Editor, you see a light-colored band on the portions that overlap so it's easy to "see" if you're zoomed in close enough. To fix this, just select one or the other and use the "Move Drag" handle (the left bottom orange slider) to move it away from the other one.

If the two notes are completely overlapping you can still select the top-most one and drag it away from the bottom-most one.

If you're talking about the second case, you can use the same technique to move the start point of one of the note events, or you can use the "Length Drag" handle (the right bottom orange slider) to shorten the length of the note on the left.

BTW it helps to turn the Grid off when doing this. If the Grid is showing, all your movements will snap to the boundaries of the grid resolution.
    Tools > Grid > OFF

Hey! Thanks for the compliment regarding the first track... yea I love Whistle'n. I using Lekky Bass for the bass line, its just colored with a little bit of the I'm Scared to add atmosphere and to full up the track in a space age way.. :O) Thanks Again. I'll put it on my upcoming album..

>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqVeuoLgEh4 <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Speaking as somebody who does a lot of extensive bank management on a Korg M3, it's useful to somehow copy around individual presets among different user banks. So in the case of NanoStudio, it would be useful to be able to move a few presets from one Project bank into another Project bank. Specifically: from one Eden.bnk file into a different Eden.bnk file. It doesn't need to be done within the iDevice itself. This could be some extended "librarian"-type functionality within NanoSync.

As to whether there would be enough demand for additional banks that you sell as, say, in-app upgrades... Yes, there sure would. You put 100 keyboard players/producers in a room and I bet less than 20 of them would raise their hands if you said "Do you mostly program your own sounds?" My guess is that if you sold a 64-preset bank for .99 or 1.99 or even up to $3 or $ a pop, you'd sell lots of them. The two factory banks are pretty damn good. It would be nice to have more synth-based presets and fewer sample-based presets, though, at least until you add support for multisamples. Most of the current sample-based presets don't stretch very far from C4.

• Who's running the oldest hardware?   8 years 16 weeks ago

I have an older 3G iphone and a 3rd gen iPod Touch.. Blips Jazz Lounge demo
    hits my iPhone 3G at about 50% and about 30% on the touch...

iPhone 3G = 412mhz processor 128 Meg Ram
    iPod Touch 3rd gen 8gig = 600mhz processor and 256 meg ram - Faster on this device..

Yeah I also would like to know how it runs on the real older iPhones...

NanoStudio is really a great app I'm having a blast with it..

"Would you want to restore the whole bank in one go?"

Yes restoring a whole bank in one go seems like a good option.

Loading/Exporting banks alá TRG would be nice.

Reloading all in a pop would work, and maybe bank transfers. I'm just getting going on making my own sound files (bunch of stuff recorded at this point), and I would like to be able to have the option to copy out the bank B presets to bank C so I can store them, and then replace bank B with all the stuff I use more frequently.

Really, bank transfers is probably what is needed.

+1 for Eden synth banks...the more cutting edge sounds the better.

Thanks

+1 for breaking the 4mb sample barrier and it would be nice to be able to do a bit of auto chopping and assigning of samples to the pads...lol...am i asking too much now.

Cheers

Stephen

• Wishlist - ability to transfer .bnk, .prj, and .sng files too   8 years 16 weeks ago

Eden could definitely do with a bank utility screen to do all sorts of copying/restoring/moving.

In the interim, I really saw the global banks as the way to do this. So when you've got some project presets you like which you want to use elsewhere, write them to the global bank. In your new project, you can use them from there or copy them over to the new project.

Originally I was going to have a load of empty global presets for doing this, but I ended up filling them up anway. I figured that people could just overwrite their least favourites and keep a few around for copying between projects.

It's really very easy to modify NanoSync to allow you to see all the files (easier than the hardcoded filter) but I'm concerned about people doing damage to the file system and then falsely giving the app a bad reputation for supposedly 'losing my data' (in fact, I know this will happen). I'd prefer some sort of protection but I don't want to nanny people iTunes-style either.

A second and more subtle issue is that some presets can't just simply be moved around (not between different installs anyway), because they may refer to samples which aren't present on the destination device.

So how are you seeing these files? Are you using the PC build or do you have a Jailbroken device?

No not at the moment, but the original data is still held within the app so it's more of a UI thing.

Would you want to restore the whole bank in one go?

• Newbie Guide - Tips for workflow and usage   8 years 16 weeks ago

Just a quick note to people keeping track of this thread: When I discover and add new tips, I often insert them into the middle of the original post in this thread, not at the beginning or end of the post. I'm trying to order the tips in top-down order roughly by easiest > hardest AND most-common > least common.

So skim the bold sub-headings to see if there's anything new since the last time you checked it out.

Great work around, thanks.

"I don't know how many would chose to buy such an option"

I would definatly pay for new Eden banks/presets.

Speaking of Eden presets, is there any way to restore bank A/B presets back to factory settings if you happen to overwrite a preset (without re-installing and losing data)?

• Thanks!   8 years 16 weeks ago

I agree. This is the best app I've used in my iPod and I've bought an unbelievable amount of them! This is a work of art, a wonderful instrument, and it is truly a pleasure to use. I am enjoying this app more than my heavyweight DAW on my PC. I really appreciate such a polished, professional music creation studio. Thank you for your hard work!

• Response so far   8 years 16 weeks ago

Hi,
    I just left some feedback in iTunes and felt the need to come and congratulate you here too...
    This app is without any question the best music app there has ever been, and it's very likely it might not ever be topped.
    Every single thing about it is spot on, dead easy to use, brilliant sounds, absolutley no glitches/bugs or crashes, massively fast and yet very easy on cpu...
    Basically, it's stunning.

Oh, and I really hope the success that this will bring will mean you can give up your 'proper' job and do whatever you want to do. You deserve it for creating this.

Thank you very much.

• Possible problem with OS 3.1.3?   8 years 16 weeks ago

It runs perfect on my Ipod Touch 2G 16Gb with OS 3.1.3.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

All handles (song loading, knobs and faders) works quick and very smooth.

Great programming Job for such big and complex app.

*****stars

Hahaha, the mediafire link was my song. As for popups and Erik Estrada (what the fuhh), I typically use mediafire because I have no way of hosting, and mediafire has the least ads and popups for me, along with no "Wait 60 seconds to download!". But I guess it's because Firefox has an adblocker and such. Guess I should get a soundcloud account.

Oh, and klic, your second song is probably my favorite I've seen from NanoStudio so far! So chill. I can dig it.