Recent comments

• Does nanostudio work with OS 3.13?   8 years 4 weeks ago

Cheers for the info. It seems to me that all the various hardware/OS combinations are working, but an unlucky few are having problems.

Since the delete from iTunes/repurchase/reinstall method has solved at least one of these issues, I'll be recommending it from now on.

• I want to congratulate Blip for a fantastic product!   8 years 4 weeks ago

Brilliant!
    Amazingly powerful, yet very intuitive. I was up and running in a few minutes, with a big smile on my face. Nice work! ;-)

Hi,

If it helps any, running 3.1.3 (7E18) on iPod Touch ok here.

Cheers,
    LW.

• A series of quick questioms   8 years 4 weeks ago

NanoStudio doesn't have a loop on/off per track but I can think of one way to get close.

- Firstly, make the drum loop (eg. 4 bars).
    - Select the drum loop part and turn it into a pattern (More/Properties/Convert to pattern)
    - Use the 'length' drag handle to make the pattern nice and long (eg. 100 bars). It'll automatically repeat every 4 bars.
    - Now record the instrument track with looping off.

Autobeat turned off, should it be on???

I figured out how to record one solo instrument for a lengthy time by turning loop off then recording but would like to do something similar as happens in the demo video, have beat looping but do everything else live but record it. I used reason like that....

It'll take some very worthwhile time to master the sequencer though

It's such an in depth app and I look foreword to hearing others trax and possibly host them on my site www.futuremusics.com ( as long as it's not trance..)

Thanx

Loop enable/disable is located on the main menu, next to the metronome on/off.

I thought the response on the pads was pretty good. Are using the iPhone version? (the PC has a fairly high buffer latency).

And is Autobeat turned off?

The only way I can see a way of recording a live session is to drag the bar ribbon to however many measures you expect the performance to be. No where do I see any way to turn off looping (Please correct me if I'm wrong). I don't think there is a way to increase the sensitivity on the pads but you can always double check to make sure that the start point of the sample is aligned with the the beginning of the sound, usually, the largest part of the transient. If you have space between the start point and the actual beginning of the sample then that could make the pads seem like they are less responsive. You can adjust the start and end points of a TRG sample by:

Tap Edit
    Select the Pad you want to adjust
    Tap the Edit button under the sample options
    Drag along the waveform to adjust the start and end points
    Once you have selected the proper region, Tap Trim
    Tap Done
    Tap Ok to Save your changes

Hope that helps...

• ** nanostudio songs **   8 years 4 weeks ago

very nice song ;) grtz

• Two issues   8 years 4 weeks ago

As you may have noticed by now, NanoSync is well, let's be kind and say basic.

I decided to prevent it from being able to delete folders because I thought that's a lot safer - obviously you could do a lot of damage by deleting folders with no trash bin, and some folders may contain extra files that NanoSync doesn't show you. Therefore you have to use the phone to delete folders (although admittedly it doesn't have a trash bin either).

Dealing with subfolders properly would be nice, but as you've figured out you can't do that at the moment. Instead you must create an empty folder and then drag all the files in.

It's a bit of a pain, would like to fix it in future.

• Moving notes on the grid   8 years 4 weeks ago

The labelling of the 'Tools' button is a bit of a catch-all term for a few things such as tempo and grid settings etc.

muffinhead - you could try godmodule's solution, see if that works for you.

Failing that I could try updating my iPod Touch from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 see if I get the same problem as you, although I do suspect it'll probably work for me.

• Naming part/patterns   8 years 4 weeks ago

The names refer to the preset being used by the part (Eden tracks only).

Try selecting a part and then tapping More/Properties. Then go to the Preset tab and tap Enable. You can now set the preset that the part should use.

This is a handy way to change the synth preset halfway through the song.

This is my first song! It's really just a beat and me playing with a guitar synth for 5 minutes.

Soar (My first NanoStudio song) by christophercrawford

• Moving notes on the grid   8 years 4 weeks ago

Select a pattern
    Tap "Edit"
    Tap "Tools"
    Go to the "Grid" Tab
    Tap "Off" to select no snap or change the resolution as you please...

Yesssssss, i have made (The only possible thing I can think of is to delete it from your iTunes, purchase and download it again (don't worry, you won't be charged again) and go through the whole procedure a second time)...... Works like a charm on my 3GS iOS 3.1.3.
    thanks, thanks, thanks... thats so great..love NanoStudio...

At some point down the road, I'd love to see a NS Mixtape. It would be great for showing people what this app can really do! I currently use BandCamp for my tracks but this may force me to get a SoundCloud account. Totally worth it though.

• Autosave removed Eden settings?   8 years 4 weeks ago

Sweet man, thanks for being open to suggestions, really appreciate it.

• Is Tiger supported?   8 years 4 weeks ago

10.4 support would be fabulous! Thanks for interacting with us users! That really makes a difference!

D.

• Loading Samples, TRG Banks   8 years 4 weeks ago

Ah figured it out. I failed to utilize the Edit button to load a sample. I see them now! My bad. BTW - I'll echo what's already been noted: you've totally raised the bar with NanoStudio. This truly takes the mobile music-making experience to a whole new level. Very impressed.

• wow wow WOW!   8 years 4 weeks ago

Another great feature I forgot to mention: the CPU Usage meter and the RAM sample usage meters. Perfect for knowing when you're pushing the iDevice chip too hard!

• Rotary Knobs (Specifically Pan) Setting to 0   8 years 4 weeks ago

OMG blip the patch bay (loads of fun to be had in there) thanks again...

I made it point to capitalize the word TOUCH in Ipod Touch.
    I think this is the problem. The Iphone and the Ipod Touch are a little different.
    I have seen this issue before on other apps and usually because compatibility is not enabled for 3.1.3. OS Ipod TOUCH.

I hope this helps. And, please hurry and fix this because im sure that all of us are extremely excited to get started on making music! :)
    I showed a few friends your video and they went nuts! ....well until they saw that it wouldnt work on my machine. Then cheers turned to jeers.

Ah nice! That'd be great. I'm not entirely sure how soundcloud works, but do you think it'd be possible to have some sort of Nano Studio Users group? Where anyone can post their song, then possibly have a page on the main site that contains a list of all the community's songs. Just an idea, but I think it'd be cool.

And along with you, I hope a lot more users start posting their creations soon!

• Autosave removed Eden settings?   8 years 4 weeks ago

I think what I've got in mind will come back from the 'pre phone call' state correctly - ie. with the preset as you had it, but not yet written to the bank.

Will also try to look at iOS 4 background tasking at some point. I almost had it working for this release, but I had to change a load of code that I already knew was fully tested and decided in the end not to go there.

Excellent! You've no idea how good it is to hear other people doing stuff with the code I've been working on for the last 15 months!

For sharing wavs and mp3's I can't recommend SoundCloud too highly - their interface is great and you can add comments to any part of a tune's timeline.

Will be looking into how to embed SoundCloud players into forum posts at some point in the future.