Recent comments

• How do you pan synths left/right?   8 years 16 weeks ago

Just saw that in the guide; thanks!

A dedicated knob would be great...

• Tips for doing mixes with full vocal/audio tracks + EQ in the meantime   8 years 16 weeks ago

When Tibor Horvath makes ReForge and/or AudioForge have better pinch-zoom and splitting/trimming features, I will gladly replace my "AudioView" in my workflow with "ReForge" (since I have an iPad). Right now ReForge still isn't ready for primetime (for my tastes). But I've made suggestions on his forums so we'll see...

The main thing about AudioView/ReForge/AudioForge is that Tibor's been very good about implementing a complete "bridge" between Sonoma ACP and Intua GP formats, which is so useful for getting some stereo WAV out of an Intua-centric app and then pasting it into a Sonoma-centric app with all the Sonoma ACP bells and whistles such as looping during paste, splitting stereo WAVs into multiple hard-panned tracks, etc.

• How do you pan synths left/right?   8 years 16 weeks ago

Take a look at the "Newbie Guide" stickied at the top of this forum. Short answer: a pan knob is coming, but for now you have to use some other features to accomplish this goal.

• Not Able To Delete Bak Files   8 years 16 weeks ago

I guess it depends on how far out the next update is. If it's a month or less, my guess is people can live without until then. If more than a month, maybe updating NanoSync to enable some manual slicing and dicing would be useful. Just warn people that they can break stuff if they're not careful.

• trouble with establishing a connection   8 years 16 weeks ago

yay for being the first!

Thanks for the quick reply, as far as firewalls are concerned I don't use the internal windows one, rather zonelabs own. That usually pops up with an information that a certain sotware wants to gain access, which -in the case of NanoSync- never happened.

Im currently in the Studio, so I can' t test it right away. I'll make another post later today. I have no problems establishing connections to the phone, so it could well be a port or firewall issue.

laters then, for the moment, thanks for the fast reply

• Dedicated forum for Nano created tracks..   8 years 16 weeks ago

Agreed, would make things much easier to follow. Would love to see the option to get email notifications of thread replies too.

• Tips for doing mixes with full vocal/audio tracks + EQ in the meantime   8 years 16 weeks ago

My recommendations are: I like SunVox (tracker like), Xewton Music Studio (Garage Band - recording like), Euno lite (unusable interface but great sounding synth, as a sound reference) and NNN Mono (for the rawness of sound). I mentioned this in another topic before I love the dirt that Euno Lite, NNN Mono and SoundScope Space have in their Osc / Filter Models; I prefer it to the likes of Mega Synth and NLogSynth. To me NanoStudio is in the middle of those two groups in regards to simple (analog) synth sounds...

D.

• First review of NanoStudio!   8 years 16 weeks ago

Saw that Sonic State is talking about Nano in their recent podcast too.

That's exactly word for word what I've got planned for the next update! (are you reading my notes?)

In the interim, I was wondering about exposing the project files via NanoSync for backing up, moving around etc. since it seems people want to do it. Trouble is I have the two reservations I mentioned above.

• trouble with establishing a connection   8 years 16 weeks ago

Hi Danny. Congratulations/commiserations on people the first person with what sounds like a genuine network problem - I knew it was too good to last.

Cheers for the detail - it sounds like you're doing everything right. I think the first thing to try would be briefly disabling your Windows firewall to see if it's causing the problem. Instructions on how to do this for Windows XP are located here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/security/winfirewall...

If disabling the firewall works, turn it back on and (further down that page) there are instructions on how to add NanoSync as a firewall exception.

If it still doesn't work then make sure you re-enable your firewall and I'll see what else I can think of.

Do you have any other firewall/anti virus software installed which might try to block the connection?

Not to muddy the waters with scope creep, but this discussion makes me think of the way Intua implemented their Beatmaker projects and what the user community did with that.

*If* you could make it so that NanoStudio could "export" a project as essentially a zip or rar file (but with a special NanoSync extension, ala what Intua did with Beatmaker files), then you'd enable super-easy sharing of entire projects among the NanoStudio community. Eventually somebody would do what that one guy did for the BeatMaker community, which is to build some website where everyone could centrally submit their BeatMaker project files for a common user-community library.

Workflow:

Got a project you want to share with the world? Use the "Export Project" function, NanoSync it up to your computer, then share it however you like (email, DropBox, post to NanoStudio projects site, etc.)

Want to get ideas from projects submitted by the user community? Go to the NanoStudio projects site, download the ones you want to your computer, use NanoSync to move it into the NanoStudio folder structure somewhere, then use "Import Project" to have NanoStudio unzip it to a self-contained project directory.

I really need to get some more good music apps to try them out. The sad fact is that I've been so busy on my own app I haven't had any time to enjoy using the others.

I hear ThumbJam, MorphWiz and Multitrack DAW coming up quite a lot - who fancies recommending a couple of others for a man with limited time? :)

I've already got Jasuto and love it - partly because I say Reactable a few years ago and had this brief dream of building my own.

• Who's running the oldest hardware?   8 years 16 weeks ago

Works fine on a 1G iPod Touch? That's wicked news - I thought it might be close to the edge, but wasn't sure which side of that edge it would fall.

One guy sent me an example wav of some glitching he had on a 1G Touch - it definitely sounded like a performance issue, but I didn't have the confidence to say that it definitely worked on that hardware for at least some people.

Hoping to get MIDI import/export in on the first update.

• Who's running the oldest hardware?   8 years 16 weeks ago

hi

G1 Touch no probs

- not tested to destruction - but everything seems to work great

cream of the audio apps

would be nice to see MIDI import as well as export at some point

m

Great post, thanks for investing the time in sharing your workflow.

I think however that you're being a little hard on Multitrack DAW! It has a simple, reasonably intuitive interface, press on a track and a hot box pops up with your options, and it handles a lot of audio, with great trimming features, and minimal memory footprint for repeated parts, with very little fuss.

You can also use Audioforge, by the same programed as Audioview, which handles both ACP protocols and runs audio in the background in iOS4, very handy for creating a new part whilst listening to a sub mix of your current work. I don't know if Audioview has been upgraded to support this yet?

I also find Electrify invaluable on the iPad due to it's sonic potential, multitrack capability and support for ACP.

• Wishlists   8 years 16 weeks ago

Only one I can answer right now - in oscillator sync mode, the oscillator mix control changes the frequency ratio. You can use this to get very close to a pulse width mod, and it's controllable via the patchbay.

Sounds good.

Being able to back up a self contained song (song+samples+presets) would be great for backup and sharing, and optionally saving just project files and just presets etc would be great.

Now I've finished a tune I must admit I want to back up a copy off-device.

Cheers,
    LW.

• Wishlists   8 years 16 weeks ago

okay, what i miss in EDEN :

- FM modulation in (OSC2 -> OSC1) - very common and very usefull synth feature (eventually to save work, maybe simpley add OSC1 and OSC2 as MOD SOURCES into mod matrix)

- third oscillator (and again FM modulation possible OSC3 -> OSC2 and OSC3 -> OSC1)

- for free-run LFO, higher top frequency limit (maybe up to 500hz, eventually som aditional button for switchign "low/high" frequency range for more precise setting of lfo frequency (for example on waldrof blofeld it goes to lot higher frequencies and it gives great sound design posibilities)

- pulse width knob for oscillators, and also set it as possible modulation target in modmatrix - pulse with is very important thing in sound design

- 4-5 band EQ in eden FX part

- unison mode (no problem when in unison mode will be eden only monophonic - that's ok), with possibility to set detune level and stereo spread

that's all for now :-)

• audio track possible ? and multi-sample sampler ?   8 years 16 weeks ago

looks like your todo list is pretty long :-)) that's good for us, customers :-))

• Loop Point in Eden Samples   8 years 16 weeks ago

Would that work around work for Eden ad well as the TRG? The sample I was using was in Eden.

• ** nanostudio songs **   8 years 16 weeks ago

Hey everyone i just wanted to say i posted 2 tracks: Intuition and Focus on the soundcloud group page. They are along the Hip Hop line, and it was a complete blast producing in NS. let me know what you guys think.

http://soundcloud.com/groups/nanostudio/tracks

• ** nanostudio songs **   8 years 16 weeks ago

Just had to post this one up from a Japanese musician:

http://twaud.io/mcW

Really nice job using some of the guitar/drum presets!

• Having performance problems?   8 years 16 weeks ago

:) I didn't even think about that! Glad you've solved your problem.

• audio track possible ? and multi-sample sampler ?   8 years 16 weeks ago

This would be good for recording live parts I agree. I did try this but there was an issue with CPU - however, I don't think that there should really be an issue so I'd like to resolve it in future. It's on the list!

• Ipad   8 years 16 weeks ago

Thanks for your commitment to the iPad version. I've bought the app because of this!

Keep up the good work!