Recent comments

• Looking forward to the release...   7 years 25 weeks ago

I'm away on holiday for the the first time in a very long time!

I put a new demo on the Media page before I went. There will be some more news updates in the next week or so.

• Email remainder form for product launch   7 years 25 weeks ago

Yes I'll send a mail out to all registered forum members.

• Email remainder form for product launch   7 years 25 weeks ago

I just came by to ask for a mailing list too. So by registering for the forum I will get an email when nanostudio is out?

• Any plans for ipad?   7 years 25 weeks ago

Just work in "universal" compatibility! At least that way, it'll LOOK good on the iPad!! Don't take a step back by releasing an app that'll look like booty on an iPad; its the future choice for electronic musicians.

• Looking forward to the release...   7 years 26 weeks ago

Any updates? It seems to be taking a while.

Aww, this is the first non-gaming app that makes me feel the deep urge to somehow just skip one month (but oh damn that would mean missing my birthday xD) to get this app instantly :-P I hope you also have plans for other apps (after some updates to nanostudio ;-D ), because if you keep doing this with so much polish, you're gonna write app store history.

I really would like to know what the app will cost... Will it be something like 10$, 20$ or even more?

Glad you like the app!

The status is that the iPhone, PC and Mac versions are finished and tested and sitting here on my hard disk ready to go.

Aside from some badly timed holiday on my own part, I'm still generating some content in the form of samples, presets and demo tunes.

Looking at a submission around mid July.

Still deciding on price but I think it'll be fair, particularly given the level of functionality the app offers.

When will the app be submitted to Apple? I can't stop watching the video over and over again, it's one of the most amazing music making apps I've ever seen for the iDevice!

What price will it be?

• Wish list   7 years 26 weeks ago

It's possible to edit pad velocities in the sequencer but not pitch or pan. This is because the pads work just like a MIDI drum pad does - the pitch (or rather note) determines which pad will be played, not the pitch as such. This also makes far more sense when working on events in the sequencer.

Since the synths can load samples and use them just like oscillators, I was really seeing these as the route for more complex pitch/pan control (or indeed filtering, modulation and effects). The pads are best used for one shot samples and loops.

that sounds cool, look forward to future features too!

it would be really good if in the sequencer if you could alter pitch, pan and velocity for individual notes from the trigger pads as well...

The performance pad has two output busses with a filter (including automation) but not an EQ as such. I was going to add an EQ to the mixer originally but found I didn't really need it. Will see how people get on with it.

Distortion - each synth has a dedicated waveshaper with distortion presets. Not possible on the performance pad right now unless you put your sample through the synth, resample it and then assign it back to the pad (roundabout route but does work).

Audio tracks - definite candidate for future features.

Cool! KVR could do with a mobile section really.

looks great, cant wait!.. it was mentioned at kvraudio.com as well.

• Midi export possible?   7 years 26 weeks ago

I had to make some tough decisions for what to leave out for V1.0 and unfortunately MIDI export was one of them - audio cut and paste was the other big one.

I consider these features as essential so they will be the immediate priority for the first update.

• Any plans for ipad?   7 years 26 weeks ago

ipad implimentation would be excellent !

• more Tracks possible?   7 years 26 weeks ago

Thank you for your answer!

• Undo-Function for Sampler and Mute Groups   7 years 26 weeks ago

Thanks for your reply, that sounds great to me! Cant wait to get my hand on nanostudio! :)

• Email remainder form for product launch   7 years 26 weeks ago

I've now opened a Twitter account. If you're into such things, you can also become a follower!

There's a Twitter link on the Media and the main page of the website.

• Undo-Function for Sampler and Mute Groups   7 years 26 weeks ago

Hi

OK, mute groups - there are two mute groups, so one you'll probably use on the hi hats most of the time and the other can be used on something else. No technical reason why there couldn't be more if people ask for them, it's just a case of keeping the UI uncluttered as usual.

Quick undo - I'm just doing a final pass on the user manual at the moment, so this seems a perfect opportunity for a lazy cut 'n' paste!

Undoing the last recording session

Invoke the main menu and tap ‘UNDO’. The last recording session will be undone.
    A new recording session is started whenever you enter record mode. If you have recorded something you’re happy with it’s a good idea to briefly stop the sequencer (or briefly hop in and out of play mode) to begin a new session. You can then always undo the session to the last point you were happy with.

Removing notes and controller events

Whilst recording, you can tap the record button to toggle record delete mode on or off.
    In record delete mode, any notes you play are deleted from the sequence rather than added. Additionally, touching a controller such as the pitch wheel or XY pads will remove the events for that controller.

Hopefully that's fairly clear, welcome to the forum!

• So does this mean that there is going to be a Mac OSX version of nanostudio?   7 years 26 weeks ago

This is fantastic. Thank you.

• Email remainder form for product launch   7 years 26 weeks ago

Well that got me to sign up for the forum! Looking forward to the email announcement. This looks great.

• Is it an actual sequencer   7 years 26 weeks ago

Ok thanx, but please get app to me asap!!!

• more Tracks possible?   7 years 26 weeks ago

Hello Switzerland!

I had more tracks originally but decided to cut them back to make the user interface clean and simple - currently you have the ability to mute tracks whilst still using the keyboard, and I didn't want to lose this ability.

In general I haven't found it a limitation with the keyboard tracks, but I agree it would be easier to arrange the song if the trigger pads had more tracks dedicated to them (currently it has 2 tracks which are enough, but I agree that more are always better).

It's always really difficult to make these decisions when technically they're easy to do, but the UI and ease of use always has to be the number 1 concern with an iPhone application. If lots of people are asking for it though then I'm sure I can find a way.

Just to clear up any confusion, the tracks are all event (MIDI) tracks, not audio tracks. It's possible to resample bars of the song and then assign that sample to a trigger pad (or a synth). The sample is then triggered by an event.

Proper audio tracks would be great, and certainly would be a candidate for possible future work.

• nanostudio built using?   7 years 26 weeks ago

That's even more impressive! It was a sad day when I realised to make the type of iphone music app I really wanted, I'd have to learn opengl. All the best for the final push to launch!

• Is it an actual sequencer   7 years 26 weeks ago

Yes there is a dedicated reverb as one of two global effects sends. The reverb has about 8 different presets.

The sequencer is more along the conventional Cubase piano roll style. I think some users will like this, and some won't - but hopefully more will than won't! You can use the draw tool in conjunction with the quantize to tap grid cells on and off which can be a fast way to enter regular patterns.

Additionally, the trigger pads have an 'autobeat' function. You select your interval (eg. 1/16ths) and then when you hold down a pad it will automatically play 1/16ths for you in realtime. This is useful for both recording and performing.

Samples and final mixes are transferred to/from a PC or Mac over WiFi using a simple bit of software called NanoSync. I know having to install extra software isn't ideal, but that's the way it has to be for various reasons.

Sound Cloud - definitely an interesting idea for future.