Recent comments

• ** nanostudio songs **   7 years 13 weeks ago

"Laid Back part 2"

Nicos Terzis creative music real-time on iphone "Laid Back part 2" (erotic lounge music)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmOoSrICOHA

• I want to congratulate Blip for a fantastic product!   7 years 13 weeks ago

I haven't really dug in yet, but I just wanted to say that beyond the depth of the sound on this, the workflow was SO well thought out. I've played for a bit more than an hour on it, and I haven't needed to use the tiny editor window at all. More time creating and exploring and less time tweaking and fixing bits makes me deliriously happy. :)

This is what I bought my iPhone for. I'm just amazed you could over-deliver on what seemed to be a next-to-impossible promise.

• Wishlists   7 years 13 weeks ago

iPad native version PLEASE... :)

• NanoStudio for Mac and Windows   7 years 13 weeks ago

Well the download link does not work for me I'm afraid... :(
    BTW; I'm on OSX.6.4

Nanostudio is the coolest !

OOHH MY GOD! It is as good as it promised to be and it promised a freaking lot. 5 stars out of three!
    It's the most exciting App I ever bought for iphone. I think it's going to be difficult for other vendors to top that in the future. (Hehe, Akai should team up with blip, throwing out their synthstation app and connecting the keyboard to nanostudio.)

Now playing some more...

Cheers to your grande effort!

• nanostudio windows cannot connect to wifi with my ipodtouch but nano sync its ok with my ipodtouch.   7 years 13 weeks ago

thank. Its difficult to play without extern keyboard to in Mac os x and windows. I have big finger.

• Is Tiger supported?   7 years 13 weeks ago

Hey thanks for getting back to me. It's sounds like another example of apple not supporting their own product as it's more than a couple of years out of date! I had the same trouble with the new iPhone... Can't sync to mac as I don't have 10.5! Shocking. Would be great if you are able to find a fix but otherwise I guess it's time to upgrade...
    Ps. How long will the 25% discount last for?

• I really want to make a try before buy   7 years 13 weeks ago

Cheers, I'll give that a try

yep, well said all. i haven't even started playing with it properly yet, but it feels deep and the synth sounds are fantastic. I can't wait to use the synth as a sampler.

you've raised the bar and set a new precedent, and at the same time spelt the death of many a music app which just didn't cut it...

but well done, you're at the forefront of mobile music creation and you should be well proud.

cheers,

uncentered

Congratulations to Blip! Amazing possibilities and depth in this app! it's the sky!

I used XP all through development so it's the most tested OS! However, the PC version isn't 'production quality' (that's why it's free) and it's probably some hardware/software combination.

I'd recommend trying to download and instal DirectX manually. NanoStudio uses a pretty old version of DirectX to improve compatibility issues with older machines but don't worry, installing this won't 'downgrade' any DirectX you currently have installed (it sits alongside).

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=740ac79a-5b72-4...

If that fails, let me know your graphics card/sound card (if you know) and I'll have a further ponder.

• Time stretching and Pitch shifting ?   7 years 13 weeks ago

To be honest, I've already started using both in conjunction. I am on the edge of my seat for BM2 but NanoStudio and BeatMaker just do not compare. Both are powerful apps in their own rights. As an avid BM producer, I find a vast amount of uses for NanoStudio. NS makes for a beautiful sample/resample editor and is amazingly flexible when it comes to writing melodies with a single synth sample. As far as effects are concerned, the amount of effects is incredible for a device with such limited capabilities (as DSP takes a considerable amount of CPU). They compliment eachother, not cancel out...

Skepsis

• nanostudio windows cannot connect to wifi with my ipodtouch but nano sync its ok with my ipodtouch.   7 years 13 weeks ago

Yes, NanoStudio for Mac/Windows doesn't support WiFi transfer. I should have really added a decent message to say this.

However on a deksktop computer you can just drag samples to/from the app's data folder!

Here's the best way to get to the data folder:

- On NanoSync for Mac/Windows, get a file dialogue up (eg. by choosing 'MANAGE/Load Project')
    - You should see a button in the top right hand corner of the file dialogue called 'Explorer...' or 'Finder...'
    - Click on the button and it'll show you NanoStudio's files in a new window
    - Drag/drop to your heart's content!

• Does nanostudio work with OS 3.13?   7 years 13 weeks ago

i have buy it today.. have a Iphone 3gs with OS 3.1.3 and it will not work..

• MIDI hardware controller   7 years 13 weeks ago

It really is the future of mobile production. I cannot wait for the day I can get 8 outs from my iTouch to a multitrack recorder (still dreaming)...

• Sync projects back and forth   7 years 13 weeks ago

This function would be awesome. (Hey Phillip)

Skepsis

• synth as sampler   7 years 13 weeks ago

Thanks for the tip, Blip. I too have been awaiting an app that provides an Akai S Series experience (am I allowed to say that?). Pretty awesome...

Skepsis

I feel you nawang, I have work in the morning and could frankly care less. This app is great, Thanks Blip for finally believing in the iDevice as a professional music production platform and for raising the bar for the other music apps out there. The effects and sample/resample editing capabilities are brilliant. Thanks for all your hard work.

Skepsis

• Autosave removed Eden settings?   7 years 13 weeks ago

From a save space standpoint, the settings of each synth couldn't take up more room than adding a ten second sample to a TRG pad, could it? Maybe a preferences checkbox saying "Save Project Presets with Song" as Tarekith mentioned...

Installed Win version on XP but it fails to start. In task manager I can see nanostudio.exe running (taking about 5 meg of memory) but nothing shows on screen. Tried restarting and reinstalling but nothing works. Any ideas? I want to get a feel for it before buying the iPhone version.

Thanks

Rob

• Loading Samples, TRG Banks   7 years 13 weeks ago

@skepsis - So NanoSync's working OK for you on a Mac?

• Loading Samples, TRG Banks   7 years 13 weeks ago

I don't see how it could be a huge problem. More sampling time may come in handy if you do multitracking to each TRG pad (i.e. Every snare for the song length on one pad). Until it gets to that point, I'm satisfied. @ enstereo: there should be a loading bar when you drop the sample into NanoSync. If there isn't, I would try Copy and Pasting the files, as opposed to drag and drop, if you haven't tried that.

Skepsis

• Sync projects back and forth   7 years 13 weeks ago

Agreed. I'll let you into a little secret - most of the code to do all of this is in there, I just wasn't happy enough that it was tested fully for V1.0.

The code gets a little complicated because it has to copy any presets you're using from the Global bank over to the Project bank, and then relocate/copy any samples you're using into the project directory. By doing this, it makes a fully 'self contained' project that you can copy anywhere safely because the project will no longer rely on any global samples/settings. The last stage is zipping up all the project/song data and samples into a single file which I've yet to do.

I hope to get this into the first update.

• Wishlists   7 years 13 weeks ago

Haha, you guys couldn't wait atleast a week? A wishlist on the release date? No worries though. I agree with eusti, an Initialized Patch when loading a sample into Eden would be nice.

One,
    Skepsis