Recent comments

• new recording doesn't go into its own pattern but extends previous one   7 years 43 weeks ago

That's a good one by the small bit of memory I have retained over the matter indicates it was more subtle than that :)

• saving presets with project   7 years 43 weeks ago

I kind of followed the model used by the majority of hardware keyboards, where you need to write a preset to a bank if you want to keep it (at the stage you write, you decide if you want it in the global or the project bank). I thought this would be safer than the app automatically writing it since you may have only modified the preset as an experiment and the last thing you want is it automatically overwriting your favourite preset without any say in the matter.

In hindsight I think this is the main thing I got wrong, incurring some one star reviews on the app store from people who like typing with the caps lock on:) Also if someone chooses to take a phone call, they will lose their edits - something I'll admit I hadn't considered.

The next update will restore the synth to the exact state that it was in when the app was closed, including edited presets with pending changes.

In the meantime you need to follow the one golden rule - if you've changed a preset and you want to keep those changes, write the preset to a bank.

• new recording doesn't go into its own pattern but extends previous one   7 years 43 weeks ago

Something to do with limiting the number of parts perhaps? As there is a limit of 250, it would possibly make sense to automatically link bits together to keep the quota down. I just use the 'split' function if need be.

• Velocity dial bug?   7 years 43 weeks ago

velocity refers to the speed at which the note is 'struck'.. hence the volume.
    it's correct behaviour..

what you're looking for is the song tempo setting in song..tools

• Files not appearing on Nanostudio   7 years 44 weeks ago

On a related note, can I put samples into Eden rather than just the TRG bank?

• Thankyou nanostudio!   7 years 44 weeks ago

As the 'owner' of a two year old I can only say Amen to that!

• Feature request   7 years 44 weeks ago

That's cool, mixer automation is obviously far more important than adding presets ;@) Thanks for all your hard work on this project, really looking forward to the updates!

• I can connect, but can't move any files.   7 years 44 weeks ago

NanoSync doesn't let you create folders in certain locations because some of them are read only.

Try creating a new folder under /Samples, or /Projects/ - that should probably work for you I reckon.

Some folders in NanoStudio are read only and don't allow you to put files in them - this may be one of those cases. I'll check it out - if that's what's going on then NanoSync should at least put up a warning dialogue. Cheers!

• I can connect, but can't move any files.   7 years 44 weeks ago

I tried the "run as administrator" and the "create folder" button is still grey (wont let me press it)? The "delete", "send to device" and "get from device" all work but the "create folder" DOES NOT.?? Can someone please help me with this issue?

• Akai's Synthstation Hardware is now open to developers!   7 years 44 weeks ago

Excellent news! I should think if the hardware side evolves (and i defo think it will) theres always room for Apple to improve the protocol. Sounds promising though, i will definitely try out the interface if you get it squeezed in the next update.
    Its great everything is going so well for you after all the hard work. Even if it is knackering - I know what its like trust me!
    Im sure everyone on here will agree the support has been first class. Which is of course is a big part of what makes an excellent product...excellent!

Keep up the good work.

Andy K

I created a folder called piano, which when i looked on the app was sitting just below the Kieron Pepper folder, since i had a few piano loops to transfer, put the samples in there and although the folder was showing on Nanostudio the samples weren't in there. Once i put them into the default samples folder they were showing.

• Akai's Synthstation Hardware is now open to developers!   7 years 44 weeks ago

The Line 6 latency's pretty good, but I have noticed a bit when it comes to triggering one shots like drums etc (obviously you're going to notice it most on timing critical performances). It's more down to the apple communication protocol than the Line 6 hardware, so this could be an issue with all peripherals. I've yet to use it seriously to get a feel for how much of a problem it will be. And yes I am planning to put it in the first update unless something holds it up.

Yes I am knackered. I thought I'd take a rest after the first release but it just got worse with support and publicity. The I went straight into the next crunch period with the work for the first update. I've promised myself a rest before I start the iPad update :)

Very interesting.
    I have seen the line 6 interface. Is it working well? what is the latency like when triggering Nanostudio?

Do you propose to include Line6 compatibility in the next update?

Just as im writing i receive an email back from Akai:
    "The synthstation keyboard should be available in six weeks time . The price is expected to be £74.99"

BTW you must be knackered!

Andy K

• Almost perfect score in the latest "Gakken Mook"!   7 years 44 weeks ago

Good find! My aunt lives in Tokyo so she's sending me a copy.

I'll enjoy looking at the pictures and not understanding a word!

No problem, I'm just glad you're up and running. Out of interest, where were you looking? Only someone else had the same problem and I'm wondering if I can make it any clearer in the manual or UI in future.

Yep I'm looking into this. I have the Line 6 working as MIDI input. Will try and find a day or two to look into the Akai.

I think that USB MIDI keyboards are going to be out of the question at the moment.

Lol yeah thats the only problem i can see. just flicking around I see many people have these on backorder.

I wonder if its the hardware certification from Apple they are waiting for. I think when you develop hardware products that are to be used exclusively with apple products there is some certification process that has to take place.

Personally i would love to be able to hook up a controller keyboard to nanostudio, i would then pretty much have a workstation which could be used for live performances etc.

Blip have you looked into or thought about this at all?
    Coding isn't really the issue here its the hardware aspect to create a bridge between a Midi/USB keyboard and the phone.
    Also now that you can connect a conventional bluetooth keyboard to an iPhone running IOS4 you could even use that for input if the app supported it! There could be a latency issue though.

Andy K

• external Hardware Midi Controllers   7 years 44 weeks ago

Yes not really a priority, but I'd like to do it!

• external Hardware Midi Controllers   7 years 44 weeks ago

What about midi support for the MAC version? I could live with that and export to the iphone.. I guess the mac/pc version updates aren't really a priority though?

Aha, sorted!! I wasn't looking in the right place for the samples, followed your instructions and voilà. Seems I was a bit hasty in trying to shake off my dimbo dumbo tag :)

cheers my man.

This is strange. If the transfer succeeds, you will see the progress dialogue briefly (for large files take longer). If the transfer fails then you will get an error message and you will need to click OK. Regardless of this, once NanoSync has done the transfer it asks the phone for a fresh file listing - so if your files appear in the window then I'm 99% sure they have been transferred.

You haven't said where you're trying to copy them to and how you're confirming that the files are on the device, but let's say you've got a project called MyProject on your phone:

1. Copy the samples to /Projects/MyProject.prj using NanoSync

2. On the TRG-16, tap Edit and choose your pad

3. Browse to /Projects/MyProject and you should find your samples there

• First update "Universal" (ipad), when..?   7 years 44 weeks ago

This from the developer on the 'iPad' thread in the general forum

"Well the way I'm going to play it is to get the first iPhone update out the way and then get on with the iPad (and iPhone 4 display). I should have some more coding help around that time so hopefully the extra features won't stand still, just slow down a little."

• First update "Universal" (ipad), when..?   7 years 44 weeks ago

"This thread could answer your question:"
    http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/14

Well, it did not actually...
    So can I repeat the question please...: When if ever will nanostudio become iPad native?

I don't recall seeing that, i must admit. It put on the folders i created no problems just not the samples.

*edit* Tried again, and there was a dialogue box that appeared, albeit briefly. I've tried Drag and drop, and send to device but still can't seem to transfer anything.