Recent comments

• The forum is now searchable   7 years 43 weeks ago

Would love a "Show New Posts" option as well as a "Mark All Forums Read" ;)

• Wobble Bass Tutorial???   7 years 43 weeks ago

Is there any way to load up that preset from the demo into another project? Sorry, I'm totally new to these type of programs and producing music in general so I'm a bit overwhelmed by everything, haha.

• Just had the best jam   7 years 43 weeks ago

That would be very useful!

• Sync via iTunes?   7 years 44 weeks ago

This has been discussed. Disadvantages:

- It requires that you upgrade your phone to iOS 4
    - It currently only supports the root directory (can be dealt with by zipping up folder structures and unzipping at the phone end)
    - NanoSync deals with some necessary wav file conversion and renaming which would still have to be done.
    - No way to get a simple directory listing of what's currently on your device

I will be looking at PPC support for NanoSync when 24 bit wav support is added, which will be in about a month if you can hold out till then.

Will iPhone Explorer work for your setup as an alternative?

• Move Files?   7 years 44 weeks ago

OK I've put it on the list - I agree I would have been handy from time to time.

The only way to do it at the moment would be to copy it all over to your computer using NanoSync, create a new folder in the right place, copy the files back into the new folder and delete the original. Clumsy - depends how desparate you are!

• Just had the best jam   7 years 44 weeks ago

I suppose NS could really do with a 'tape record' function for doing this without an external sound card/mixer.

• Akai's Synthstation Hardware is now open to developers!   7 years 44 weeks ago

1st one definately sounds like fun poly play.

iConnectmidi was announced the beginning of this year. No further news so far. Looks a lot more sturdy than the line 6 solution, tho.

• List for all Eden Synth Presets   7 years 44 weeks ago

Cool.. Yeah I have no trouble moving stuff around so it should work...
    i do the same thing work on tune on the device then xfer to PC and work on it
    with the PC version.. works out really good..

Thanks

-John-

• List for all Eden Synth Presets   7 years 44 weeks ago

I will test this out for you in the morning, but should work fine seeing as I've easily transferred songs + synths + trg _+ projects fro my iPod Touch 2G and reloaded my project on the free PC version of Nanostudio. :)

• ** nanostudio songs **   7 years 44 weeks ago

With the pentatonics in there, it almost sounds nice a Muse track, great job!!

I like the idea of Bigpipe, if a little simple. Third is the better of the two and sounds more thought out, probably more recently made than Bigpipe?

Anyway, my first ever attempt in Nano.

Nuclear Diamond (NS Mix) by Katalystik

• Just had the best jam   7 years 44 weeks ago

indeed! i love live jamming with NanoStudio

here i've programmed 3 synths and 8 drums in a 4-bar loop. then i tweak some basic stuff and mute/unmute:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/iebi21

• Velocity dial bug?   7 years 44 weeks ago

Aha - why one should ask cleverer people than oneself. Thanks very much

• Akai's Synthstation Hardware is now open to developers!   7 years 44 weeks ago

iConnectmidi - that's a new one on me! Information on the website seems a bit scant. It mentions a box 'half the size of a paperback' but doesn't show anything - does this mean that it's still at the late prototype stage maybe? Interestingly it does talk about USB.

I've put in a MIDI channel and MIDI controller mapper page - this has taken time but I think it's necessary. The controller mappings are track -> MIDI channel, so two Edens can be played from the same channel by setting it up like this:

eg.

Track 1 (Eden 1) -> MIDI channel 1
    Track 2 (Eden 2) -> MIDI channel 1

I could reverse it so it's MIDI channel -> track, which wouldn't allow two (or more) Edens to be controlled from the same channel but would allow two or more channels to play the same Eden. I think the first way is more useful though.

but finally someone who is testing these options, thanks so much for putting work into this! Especially with wishlists longer than Santa's it's nice that you still test every option out there.

Guess vaporware iConnectmidi (http://www.iconnectivity.com/) would be suffering the same latency problems.
    Do you think/know/predict tracks would be in sync if you put in the ability to choose midi channels and just fire up external gear?

Are you going to put in assignable Midi channels for the MIDI IN functionality, so two eden tracks can be played at the same time or different tracks can be played from a keyboard without having to switch to them in nanostudio (playing while watching the Seq would be sweeet)?

In theory up to half a second. In practice, a lot shorter - but only 0.5s is guaranteed.

hey, lastfuture, this is beautiful!

• Files not appearing on Nanostudio   7 years 44 weeks ago

Cheers bud I'm defo up and running now

• saving presets with project   7 years 44 weeks ago

maybe simply display warning if user tries to store project preset which is meanwile opened also in some other eden instance, and after save preset in some eden, update it in all other edens where it is opened...

how big is this device output latency ? (uhm again me again with latency question :))

• Love this technique   7 years 44 weeks ago

Even more interesting is when you supersede, before committing the part, try editing the controllers like rvb, dly, etc, on the copy part, to get more interesting reverb effect etc. Even change the quantize with vel to get some interesting timing effects! Very very cool app when you can discover things that even the developer didn't know about, is the mark of a classic in the making. Great job Blip!

• Files not appearing on Nanostudio   7 years 44 weeks ago

Yes Eden will load samples. On its oscillator page, change the modulation type to sample. You should then see a load button for choosing a sample.

Where you put the actually samples is really your choice. If you think you'll only want them for a particular project then I'd recommend that project's folder. If you want them more as 'library' samples, I'd recommend creating a new folder under /Samples and putting them there.

• saving presets with project   7 years 44 weeks ago

Yes the problem with two synths using different edited versions of the same preset is a tricky one. I've got a headache with this currently whilst working on the project export function, and haven't come up with a good solution yet.

You'd think that MIDI out would be as easy as MIDI in wouldn't you? At least that's what I thought. The problem is that the accessory interface has a latency - the solution is for the sequencer to actually 'run ahead' of the current position (ie. the song position as shown on the UI) and 'feed' events to the Mobilizer before they're actually needed. Each event has a timestamp so the Mobilizer knows at what point to play them in future. The trouble is that the sequencer was never really designed to do this and it may need a fair amount of work. The alternative is to cross your fingers and feed the events straight away (since this is really what the input does). I've yet to try this, but I might just release the first version using input only and then look at doing it properly later on.