Recent comments

• Oh man, can't wait.   6 years 44 weeks ago

Yeah, it seems like nothing more than an app to sell their keyboard, but I could be wrong. Anyhow, the reviews I read were just off of the iTunes Store, so nothing entirely official, but one guy wrote a pretty thorough review, giving it 2 stars and calling it unfinished. A few one stars too, but there's also a few 5 stars, but honestly the 5 stars sound like either fakes wrote by someone for Akai (One goes wayy to far into description, sending just a wee bit too much praise) or possibly inexperienced/overexcited buyers.

I do actually like the pattern based sequencer, reminds me of Korg DS-10, which I had a lot of fun with. But your sequencer is definitely more professional and functional, and with looping and all that will be a blast too.

Have fun on holiday, I'll definitely be looking forward to mid-July!

• Oh man, can't wait.   6 years 44 weeks ago

I've been wondering for some time how SynthStation was going to pan out. For a direct comparison against NanoStudio, it has one less synth (and I think 2 of them are monophonic), no sampling, and a simpler pattern based sequencer (which may appeal more to some people).

My suspicion is that SynthStation is more a means to sell Akai's keyboard hardware, but I may be wrong. If they are opening up the hardware to other apps then this might confirm it.

I would download it and try it out, but I'm on holiday at the moment. Where have you seen the reviews of SynthStation? I haven't found a great deal so far.

I'm hoping to submit to the app store around mid July BTW.

• Audio copy/paste?   6 years 44 weeks ago

I generally have the line of thinking that if the app doesn't have audio copy paste that I don't buy it. You're app looks fantastic, and if it is planned, then it will be a day one purchase for me, any idea when that day will be?

• Whoa! I saw mention of this at www.electro-music.com   6 years 44 weeks ago

*tears* :'(

Bah! I was replying to your post and I've gone and accidentally deleted the C:\ drive.

Sorry looks like it's going to be another 14 months :)

I demand you release this app now!

Cheers!

External MIDI interface would be wicked. Was it the Line 6 Mobilizer you had in mind? That's the only one I know of off the top of my head.

Once NanoStudio's released you will be able to download the PC/Mac version free to see if it lives up to your expectations. I'd hate to deny you of the Blackberry's physical keyboard if it's not what you hoped!

• Looking forward to the release...   6 years 44 weeks ago

I'm away on holiday for the the first time in a very long time!

I put a new demo on the Media page before I went. There will be some more news updates in the next week or so.

• Email remainder form for product launch   6 years 44 weeks ago

Yes I'll send a mail out to all registered forum members.

• Email remainder form for product launch   6 years 44 weeks ago

I just came by to ask for a mailing list too. So by registering for the forum I will get an email when nanostudio is out?

• Any plans for ipad?   6 years 45 weeks ago

Just work in "universal" compatibility! At least that way, it'll LOOK good on the iPad!! Don't take a step back by releasing an app that'll look like booty on an iPad; its the future choice for electronic musicians.

• Looking forward to the release...   6 years 45 weeks ago

Any updates? It seems to be taking a while.

Aww, this is the first non-gaming app that makes me feel the deep urge to somehow just skip one month (but oh damn that would mean missing my birthday xD) to get this app instantly :-P I hope you also have plans for other apps (after some updates to nanostudio ;-D ), because if you keep doing this with so much polish, you're gonna write app store history.

I really would like to know what the app will cost... Will it be something like 10$, 20$ or even more?

Glad you like the app!

The status is that the iPhone, PC and Mac versions are finished and tested and sitting here on my hard disk ready to go.

Aside from some badly timed holiday on my own part, I'm still generating some content in the form of samples, presets and demo tunes.

Looking at a submission around mid July.

Still deciding on price but I think it'll be fair, particularly given the level of functionality the app offers.

When will the app be submitted to Apple? I can't stop watching the video over and over again, it's one of the most amazing music making apps I've ever seen for the iDevice!

What price will it be?

• Wish list   6 years 45 weeks ago

It's possible to edit pad velocities in the sequencer but not pitch or pan. This is because the pads work just like a MIDI drum pad does - the pitch (or rather note) determines which pad will be played, not the pitch as such. This also makes far more sense when working on events in the sequencer.

Since the synths can load samples and use them just like oscillators, I was really seeing these as the route for more complex pitch/pan control (or indeed filtering, modulation and effects). The pads are best used for one shot samples and loops.

that sounds cool, look forward to future features too!

it would be really good if in the sequencer if you could alter pitch, pan and velocity for individual notes from the trigger pads as well...

The performance pad has two output busses with a filter (including automation) but not an EQ as such. I was going to add an EQ to the mixer originally but found I didn't really need it. Will see how people get on with it.

Distortion - each synth has a dedicated waveshaper with distortion presets. Not possible on the performance pad right now unless you put your sample through the synth, resample it and then assign it back to the pad (roundabout route but does work).

Audio tracks - definite candidate for future features.

Cool! KVR could do with a mobile section really.

looks great, cant wait!.. it was mentioned at kvraudio.com as well.

• Midi export possible?   6 years 45 weeks ago

I had to make some tough decisions for what to leave out for V1.0 and unfortunately MIDI export was one of them - audio cut and paste was the other big one.

I consider these features as essential so they will be the immediate priority for the first update.

• Any plans for ipad?   6 years 45 weeks ago

ipad implimentation would be excellent !

• more Tracks possible?   6 years 45 weeks ago

Thank you for your answer!

• Undo-Function for Sampler and Mute Groups   6 years 45 weeks ago

Thanks for your reply, that sounds great to me! Cant wait to get my hand on nanostudio! :)

• Email remainder form for product launch   6 years 45 weeks ago

I've now opened a Twitter account. If you're into such things, you can also become a follower!

There's a Twitter link on the Media and the main page of the website.